The Finance Officer will ensure that the organization’s financial resources are managed in a procedural and ethical manner
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:4 years
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
The job holder duties and responsibilities are outlined as follows:
- Working together with the Head of Finance and Investment to formulate the company’s financial strategy and ensure it is properly implemented.
- Facilitating the formulation and implementation of sound financial and accounting policies, procedures and systems which are compliant with acceptable accounting policies and legal requirements.
- Preparing budgets and periodic financial performance reports for presentation to the Head of Finance, Investment and Property
- Supporting the Head of Finance, Investment and Property in developing long term business strategies and operating plans for the Scheme which are in line with the longer term goals and priorities.
- Supporting the development of departmental budgets in line with overall company mission and objectives.
- Maintaining controls on spending to ensure budgetary limits are
- Ensuring that all finances and appropriate financial regulations and controls are in place, properly administered and monitored.
- Liaising with Internal and External auditors and responding to queries, observations and recommendations
- Providing operational financial support and guidance to the Head of Finance, Investment and
- Property on budgeting and financial performance
- Preparing vouchers, periodic financial reports and interpreting the same to the section head
- And any o Managing the collection and banking of cash and cheques
- Reconciliation of clients’ accounts and statements on a monthly basis
- Checking invoices against supporting documents in preparation for payment
- other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field from a recognized University.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- CPA – K or ACCA finalist
Previous relevant work experience required.
- At least four (4) years’ of work experience with at least one (1) year at a supervisory role
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
- Ability to supervise an accounting team.
- Should be confident, a self-oriented , with the ability to operate in a dynamic environment
- Must be able to demonstrate good attention to detail, good judgment showing logical
- Decision making and a hands on approach.
- Computer literate with good excel skills and solid understanding of accounting software principles.
- Knowledge and experience of working with accounting packages.
- Strong decision making ability.
- Strong analytical and planning skills.
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to email@example.com
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured