Degree/diploma in Mass Communication with specialization in broadcast journalism
- Minimum Qualification: Unspecified
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 2 years
We are looking to hire a broadcast journalist with the following qualifications.
- Degree/diploma in Mass Communication with specialization in broadcast journalism
- Able to read off of a teleprompter without compromising on natural posture or fluency (this is a non-negotiable)
- Adequate knowledge on Kenyan politics.
- Critical thinker with analytical skills.
- Mastery of English and proper on-camera etiquette.
- Capable of carrying out both in-studio and on-field journalism assignments.
- Video editing skills are an added advantage.
- Writing reports and giving presentation(s) of research findings in the form of recorded videos/audio.
- Gathering data from credible sources like election results, public opinion surveys and verified social media accounts.
- Script writing
- Recording voiceovers for recorded packages
- Operating recording equipment and “driving” own studio desk
- Prepping for and conducting interviews
- Seeking out and following up on leads
- Contributing to production and political discussions.
- Sourcing audio for use in news packages or reports from our expansive library
SALARY RANGE KES 25,000 – KES 35,000
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.