The Business Intelligence & Research Analyst - Impact Projects, will provide analytical support and strategic insights important to influence decision-making as well as inform project design and implementation. S/he will lead in conducting prospecting activities, creation and sharing of knowledge to drive thought leadership.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
General Summary and Background
BrighterMonday Kenya is Kenya’s leading online job-matching platform and career services company established with the aim of digitizing Human Resource services and transforming job matching in Kenya. We use a bespoke mix of human and automated solutions to match employers with the best candidates, so they can hire the right fit faster. Currently, the firm has a database of over 1,200,000 professionals and 29,000 employers, successfully using the platform to get access to the right opportunities.
BrighterMonday Kenya has built capacity in development partnerships and successful implementation of impact projects. The company aims to apply seasoned expertise in the job market and skills development to deliver projects focusing on extensive and sustainable socio-economic impact especially amongst the youth and women. To help us drive this specific objective, we seek for a Projects Business Intelligence & Research Analyst with a passion for transformative research analyses and competence in data interpretation to produce market intelligence reports that contribute to business growth and improvement.
Africa’s solution to bridging the talent gap.
The Business Intelligence & Research Analyst - Impact Projects, will provide analytical support and strategic insights important to influence decision-making as well as inform project design and implementation. S/he will lead in conducting prospecting activities, creation and sharing of knowledge to drive thought leadership. The analyst will drive data collection from relevant sources, analyze it, present it in appropriate illustrative formats and share the information outcome to a diverse audience. All research activities will be geared towards high quality information products and consequent positive results in impact projects and overall company performance. To succeed in this role, one has to have the ability to find patterns in data that tell a story significant to improving business processes and good writing skills.
Reporting to Project Leads
What You'll be doing
The Business Intelligence & Research Analyst shall:-
• Collect business intelligence data from sources which may include company data, industry reports, public information, field reports or purchased findings. This may mean updating your knowledge about relevant trends or emerging markets in specified industry in addition to gathering data related to specified topics and the market.
• Develop databases for collected data as needed and data dashboards which may require regular updates. Work with the products development team to establish dashboards’ operational procedures that guide utilization.
• Analyze data to identify any trends that could impact business’ strategies. Utilize the results of the analysis to support recommendations for action to develop new processes, improve existing ones or generally inform industry stakeholders for decision making.
• Prepare periodic analytical reports to summarize findings and share with the appropriate internal and external stakeholders through established communication processes as guided by management contributing to the company’s thought leadership.
• Provide support and training on use of the data, databases and dashboards to cross-collaborating teams.
• In collaboration with relevant departments, utilize company resources to curate and analyze data, for informed project proposal development
• Maintain current knowledge of specified industry and business trends through communication with professional organizations and other informed stakeholders.
• Develop collaborative working relationships with all internal and external project partners to ensure a high level of utilization of Business Intelligence and Research services for departmental needs
• Meet regularly with the project and company management to provide status of reporting requests, present analysis results, and discuss opportunities for improvement.
• Identify and make recommendations to improve project work processes as applicable. Support project management team in thought leadership by providing relevant advice and feedback
• Provide support as required to the administration of all impact project work and any other duties as might be assigned
• Bachelor's degree in data science, data analytics, business, management, accounting, economics statistics, information science, data modelling or any related field;
• Any professional certification will be a plus
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in business analysis roles or any analytical field.
• Strong research, analytical, conceptual, critical thinking and forecasting skills with great attention to detail and ability to think systematically. Ability to synthesise research and recommendations, and illustrate research/market intelligence outcomes appropriately.
• Exceptional presentation, writing and document preparation skills with experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations to diverse audiences.
• Strategic thinking; experience developing strategy and/or business plans
• Experience in conducting or managing research processes, and research consultants. Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills. A track record of following through on commitments including those with tight deadlines.
• Proficiency in digital skills, including use of databases, online research, data collection, processing and analysis tools as well as competence in technology-driven business intelligence tools. Familiarity with database management and data analytics softwares such Advanced Excel, SQL, Power BI , Tableau and any other data visualisation tools.
• Understanding of current data protection and privacy laws
• Works well independently and as part of a team. Effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills with ability to work across various teams, willingness to listen, respect for diversity, demonstrated ability to build consensus and navigate complex operating environments
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured