We are seeking a database developer for our large pool of clients. To create well-organized databases for a range of clients, a database developer must be able to do a variety of tasks including:
• Design database systems. Database Developers' main responsibility is to analyze the needs of an organization and produce an effective database system according to their needs and specifications. This includes collecting data, analyzing the data, designing algorithms, drawing flowcharts and implementing code for the logic developed through the algorithms and flowcharts.
• Test databases. A database developer must be able to run performance testing procedures to ensure the proper operations of a database and to ensure that it's error-free. If any errors are thrown when the code runs, they need to be corrected and the code needs to be re-tested. This involves troubleshooting any potential problems, creating and submitting test reports and database improvement.
• Develop database documentation. As a database is developed, the database developer must write documentation about the system and put together an operational manual. The documentation must include information regarding changes or improvements to the database as they are implemented.
• Work with the front-end development team. Once the databases are ready, and the front-end development is complete, a database developer must work with the front-end development team to integrate the modules together. Once this is done, the integrated code must again be tested and any errors must be fixed.
Database Developer skills and qualifications
A Database Developer needs the following core skills:
• Strong analytical skills. This job involves analyzing existing databases and the client's needs going forward with regard to developing effective systems.
• Good communication skills, both oral and written. As this position requires working with colleagues across the IT department, as well as clients, it's important that a database developer communicates clearly with team members and fully understand the client's needs. Clear written skills are necessary to write understandable database documentation.
• Sound accuracy and logic. A database developer must be able to accurately develop databases in a logical manner from scratch.
• Understand the concepts of other programming languages. Since databases operate behind the scenes, a good database developer will understand the concepts of other front-end programming languages.
Education and training requirements
To qualify for a Database Developer position, you should be a holder of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Applied Mathematics, database certification, having completed a course from a trusted source such as Oracle Corporation or Microsoft would be a bonus. He or she should have more than 4 years of experience