Antennae Holdings Limited
Farming & Agriculture
Diploma in agriculture a must; Bachelor’s degree in agriculture may be an advantage; or equivalent.
- Minimum Qualification:Diploma
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:3 years
We are searching for a Farm Manager with good business sense to join our team. The farm manager’s responsibilities include monitoring staff, trees and delivering purchasing requirements to MD, assisting in preparing budgets and report as required on farm operations; blocks and use of pesticides, quantities and frequency, scouting records; and ensuring best farming practices. You should be able to maintain professional networks and keep abreast of developments in agricultural science.
To be successful as a farm manager, you must be detail-oriented but also keep the bigger picture in mind. Outstanding candidates are keen problem solvers who are focused on efficiency and take a hands-on approach to management. Ideal candidate will be a seasoned operator, and there is an opportunity for part time or full time engagement depending on finding the qualified candidate.
Farm Manager Responsibilities
1. Manage a team of minimum 20 casual laborers - organize and plan the work program to ensure efficient use of work hours.
2. Supervise care and maintenance of orchard trees and have a work plan for the year- this includes soil sampling and water sampling; pruning of trees, treatment of soil post results of soil sampling; manure application; effective and efficient irrigation; Spray program to manage pests along the cycle.
3. Maintain good records - staff records, work records, spray records, irrigation records.
4. Stock take and records updated, ensure receipt of all payments out to casual workers et, keep receipts of all pesticides and chemicals used on the farm;
5. Organize and plan for audit for renewal of Global Gap Certification
6. Keep the farm clean at all times and ensure passes inspection of HCD for renewal of Export license
7. Work closely with all partners e.g. Amiran, technical experts, to ensure best possible outcome for the farm.
8. Annual targets will include cost containment measure, productivity improvements, innovation.
- Analyzing existing operations, staff, and farm outputs and recommending improvements.
- Preparing plans and schedules for planting and harvesting and ensuring staff understand expectations.
- Ensuring fertilizers, pesticides, and other supplies are regularly restocked.
- Scheduling repairs, maintenance, and replacement of equipment and machinery.
- Ensuring all staff adheres to health and safety regulations.
- Assisting with the recruitment and training of new staff members.
- Building professional networks and keeping abreast of developments in agricultural science.
Farm Manager Requirements:
- Diploma in agriculture a must; Bachelor’s degree in agriculture may be an advantage; or equivalent.
- Extensive experience in a farming-related field, orchards preferable; on the ground experience managing teams and working against schedules.
- Management experience would be a plus.
- A passion for agriculture.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- The ability to make decisions in stressful environments.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work during harvest all hours required to ensure fruit is collected and prepared for export
- Packing and preparation for export - prior experience a must.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured