We are looking for an experienced Food Safety Operations Manager with the ability to identify opportunities, influence operations and business teams, and overcome resistance by creating strong, persuasive, balanced positions using data. You have a track record of implementing food safety compliance programs within a business. You have an exceptional attention to detail and can drive end-to-end process requirements, program implementation, and continuous improvement. You can communicate food safety and compliance expectations and requirements to business leaders and cross-functional support teams at all levels of the organization. You also are skilled at writing well-reasoned and data-driven white papers, leveraging science, research, and industry best practices as appropriate.
• Develop and execute procedures and processes to support cGMP, GPP, food safety and the quality management system.
• Develop and manage the internal and supplier GMP and food safety audit program.
• Conduct assessments of the manufacturing site for food safety and GMP compliance.
• Participate in process FMEA risk assessments and HACCP activities.
• Develop protocols, cleaning validation studies and reports to thoroughly document all activities.
• Lead problem solving teams using quality principles and tools for root cause analysis, corrective actions, verification, and effectiveness.
• Develop and control of quality plans, inspection instructions for in-coming, in-process and final inspection.
• Micro and ATP testing, pest control, training of operators, and assessing needs and facilitating communication among employees and management.
• Act as a global expert /advisor for food safety compliance
• Perform other job duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Provide technical consultation, assistance/direction to fulfillment Center managers and general office personnel regarding food safety compliance issues related to fulfillment centre operations.
• Develop and maintain written food safety policies and procedures for the fulfilment canters
• Demonstrate excellence in developing/executing continuous improvement projects that will improve the overall food safety/sanitation performance of fulfillment centres, as measured by third-party and/or corporate food safety/sanitation audit metrics.
• Manage the auditing of the third-party vendor who inspects fulfillment canters for food safety/sanitation compliance.
• Ensure facility corrective action on audit or regulatory deficiencies.
• Create, issue and report compliance metrics to executive leadership.
• Provide leadership/coach fulfillment Center personnel having food safety/sanitation responsibilities in the performance of their duties.
• Evaluate/recommend food safety measures that may be appropriate in enhancing the safe handling of perishable foods within the fulfillment Center
• Take a leadership role among food safety professionals by leading/being a member of regional and national committees in the retail industry and their trade organizations.
• Develop good working relationships with local governmental agencies.
• Ensure that food safety training programs for all facility personnel are updated/standardized; develop specialized food safety training programs and HACCP plans as needed.
• Develop communication programs to keep fulfillment Center associates current in food safety/sanitation policies, procedures, metrics, and training.
• Maintain food safety documents on the corporate web site; include corporate policies, best practices, food safety resources, contact list, etc.
• Manage pest control programs for the fulfillment canters
• Follow established programs, policies, and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
• Adhere to the Kroger Food Safety and Quality Principles
• Must be able to perform the essential job functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.