Global Digital Communications Unit Lead
Marketing & Communications
Proven experience in a strategic lead role with decision making responsibilities
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:3 years
This role sits within the Global Digital Engagement Team, a virtual team, which provides strategic support and specialist technical guidance to our 27+ Members, most of them in Asia, Oceania, Europe and the Americas. This team also focuses on reaching out to new audiences and engaging with them in non-member markets with a special focus on a list of key markets.
This role will lead the Digital Communications Unit (DCU), a unit that sits within the digital team and supports all sub-teams of the wider department and other key stakeholders with a digital first approach to brand and strategic communications, audience engagement, campaigning and fundraising, using our organic digital channels (website and social media), engagement tactics and organic content to build and engage our various audiences.
The Global Digital Communications Unit Lead is responsible for
- Leading the DCU, a team of five, in delivery of Communications and Engagement team’s KPIs
- Development of DCU strategy, goals, KPIs and ways of working, including the personal development of four roles through effective people management and team leadership skills
- Developing effective digital communications strategies for global campaigns, key global moments and emergency responses
- Management of team capacity, workload, prioritization and planning , which includes top level budget planning and management
- Leading on development of strategy for use of SCI digital channels (organic social media and website) to deliver key organizational goals
- Responsible for content and channel management and community engagement across owned channels being ultimately accountable for performance
- Measuring and tracking digital brand and engagement impact via framework
- Embedding trends and insights into strategic planning and thinking across the organisation
- Member support and engagement- skill sharing, training, capacity
- Integration and collaboration with digital specialists in Digital Engagement, GCCU, Media, CEO office
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Proven experience in a strategic lead role with decision making responsibilities
- Demonstrable leadership and people management skills
- Demonstrable high level knowledge and at least five years of experience in digital communications, social media, social listening, and community management
- Demonstrated success in delivering high-quality, impact driven, digital campaigns at an international level.
- Data driven person with strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, additional language skills would be an asset
- Experience developing well performing social media and website content
- Significant ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to adapt work plans flexibly depending on external opportunities.
- Capacity to build and maintain excellent relations and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity
- A willingness to travel to support members directly or to relevant events as required.
- Experience working internationally in a support role to a diverse range of local offices
- Senior experience in the INGO sector.
- Proven project management skills delivering complex projects on time and on budget with a strong knowledge of analysis of costs/impact and all other relevant digital engagement KPIs.
- Strong personal, organisational and self-management skills; with an ability to lead and work in teams and motivate others
- A self-starter using initiative to see opportunities to achieve objectives in this role
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Strong IT skills particularly in Microsoft products
- Ability to articulate the work of Save the Children with passion
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured