· Creating, implementing, and evaluating the Hub’s business and workplan:
o Implementing program performance plans, strategies, and any other operational activity.
· Training, mentoring and supervising Hub staff in order to ensure the overall efficiency of daily operations:
o Assigning, overseeing, and monitoring administrative and financial tasks;
o Keeping up-to-date on Agribiz policies, procedures, and protocols, and ensuring that employees are too;
o Developing and implementing client service procedures;
o Ensuring that program goals and deadlines are met and that projects are led in compliance with the KCIC’s policies and procedures; and
o Liaising with the Main Hub- head office to ensure the smooth management of operations and the achievement of overall program goals.
· Monitoring the financial transactions executed and the office activity performed at the Hub:
o Auditing financial transactions and any other action executed by employees;
o preparing quarterly program reports and other administrative reports;
o overseeing the completion of thorough reports and analyses on the Hub operations carried out in the Hub; and
o analyzing office activity and employee performance, identifying trends, and making appropriate recommendations and adjustments to current work methods and systems.
· Grow and curate the Business Incubation Hub - you will be working with Business Analysts to grow, manage incoming applications/leads and ensure prospective clients that represent a good fit for the Agribiz program.
· Grow engagement with stakeholders in the agribusiness ecosystem - you will represent Hub externally, raising awareness of our brand and creating opportunities for meaningful engagement with key stakeholders within the wider ecosystem
· Overseeing office equipment maintenance, monitoring, calibration, and repair, as well as replacement of supplies, when necessary.
· Building and maintaining strategic ties with the community, as well as networking with existing and potential clients in order to establish long-term, trustworthy relationships.
· Ensuring Hub employees handle clients’ services in an accurate, unbiased, and professional way, following high ethical standards.
· Ensuring that employees comply with KCIC internal procedures.
· Providing guidance and consultation to employees in order to guarantee client satisfaction.
· Monitoring budgets and ensuring targets are met, motivating staff to achieve objectives.
· Meeting with clients to solve issues or complaints and monitoring their feedback.
· Keeping detailed records and reporting Hub operations and activities, including employee performance.
· Organised and a proactive problem solver – great at managing your time and workload to ensure everything gets done, and skilled at balancing multiple priorities.
· Ideally a familiarity with the Agribusiness value chain and agriprenuers - experience working with different stakeholders is a big part of this role. We’d ideally like you to have experience working in the entrepreneurship ecosystem.
· Comfortable working autonomously and within a team – Lean team, so being able to balance independence with collaboration is really important.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
· Financial experience in credit analysis, Business development and Client Relationship management;
· Strong administrative and/or project management experience;
· Well organised with good attention to detail;
· Ability to work flexibly and pick up processes quickly;
· Able to work independently as well as part of a team;
· Confident at decision making, within agreed boundaries;
· Able to communicate effectively at all levels, both verbally and in writing, with internal and external stakeholders;
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related course - CPAK, CFA qualification;
· Minimum 5 years’ experience with at least 2 years in Management;
· Experience in supporting Agribusinesses is an added advantage;
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their up to date CV with their contact details, details of current and expected remuneration, the names of three professional referees and a cover letter demonstrating how you meet our requirements. The email address should be the subject of the position being applied for.
Closing date for applications is Friday, 30th October 2020. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Kenya Climate Innovation Center is an equal opportunity employer