Inequality Campaigns Lead
Product & Project Management
Oxfam International’s Inequality Advocacy & Campaigns Team exists to expose and challenge power and systems that enable extreme inequality to exist around the world. From economic to carbon inequality, we contribute to ensuring Oxfam’s influencing around the world achieves systemic change. We lead, convene and manage Oxfam’s influencing work on inequality through consultation, co-creation and vision setting for Oxfam’s worldwide influencing network.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:2 years
- Oxfam International’s Inequality Advocacy & Campaigns Team exists to expose and challenge power and systems that enable extreme inequality to exist around the world. From economic to carbon inequality, we contribute to ensuring Oxfam’s influencing around the world achieves systemic change. We lead, convene and manage Oxfam’s influencing work on inequality through consultation, co-creation and vision setting for Oxfam’s worldwide influencing network.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
- As an active member of Oxfam’s Inequality Advocacy & Campaigns Team, the Inequality Campaigns Lead will work across a range of multi-disciplinary colleagues and teams to ensure the effectiveness of our economic inequality influencing work around the world and across our confederation at every level. This role will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of effective campaign plans and projects for impact, including overseeing our public mobilization (public campaigns, digital engagement and fundraising) for Oxfam’s largest external moment of the year around the World Economic Forum. You will facilitate alignment between inequality related campaigns across public mobilization, programs, advocacy, research, policy, media and fundraising opportunities. You will also ensure prioritization of organizational influencing opportunities and develop and manage related project teams.
Who we’re looking for
The successful candidate for this role, will:
- Be committed to feminist and anti-racist principles, and to applying them in their day-to-day behaviour and work. They must be ready to keep learning, with accountability to those who experience oppression as a result of their identities, such as their gender, race/ethnicity, disability, class, or LGBTQIA identity.
- Have excellent global public campaign development and management skills & experience, with a proven track record in leading successful campaigns that contributed to change.
- Be comfortable with complexity and with working in an environment that requires agility.
- Possess excellent communication and facilitation skills with a strong understanding of leadership in complex group dynamics.
- Have experience working across geographical boundaries, ideally with lived experience with intersecting systems of oppression, with knowledge and experience of how power and privilege play out in the countries we work with.
- Have a good understanding of the relationship between economic inequality, poverty and oppression.
What we offer
- This role will give you an opportunity to achieving systemic change and impact using Oxfam’s presence at every level from local, to regional, to global, aligned with the vision of our global strategic framework: influencing and engaging audiences around the world to fight inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Oxfam is committed to providing a fair compensation package and to providing a flexible, supportive, working environment. We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured