You help assess the customer base to identify new business opportunities and execute a targeted sales strategy for each identified opportunity ensuring all leads are followed up on.
- Minimum Qualification: Diploma
- Experience Level: Entry level
- Experience Length: 2 years
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
You exceed sales quota within an assigned territory by delivering One Acre Fund product on time and providing high-quality assistance. You help assess the customer base to identify new business opportunities and executes a targeted sales strategy for each identified opportunity ensuring all leads are followed up on. You will report directly to the head of sales.
- Identify the needs of new prospects and develop/deliver appropriate responses to exceed needs (written, telephone and face-to-face).
- Provide accounts with excellent post-sale follow up (communication and management of delivery dates).
- Communicate with current and new customer accounts regarding our products and services.
- Increase customer satisfaction and solve customer problems by addressing any issues, concerns, or problems that arise on assigned accounts promptly.
- Maintain customer records observing One Acre Fund specifications.
- Gain current knowledge on nuts and fresh produce industry, One Acre Fund customers and trends.
- Participate in tradeshows, sales meetings, promotional activities, and professional association meetings both inside and outside of regular business hours.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 2+ years of experience in sales
- Experience with negotiations and stakeholder management
- Excellent numerical skills
- Microsoft office and Google sheets
- English and Swahili required
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance, paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Kenya
28 September 2023
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured