Milk Procurement and Extension Manager
Kiambaa Dairy Farmers Co-operative Society Limited
Farming & Agriculture
Build a strong and loyal raw milk supply base from the farmers in the Society’s catchment areas. Monitor and continuously grow milk volumes delivered to Society, and raise any concerns for timely interventions. Offer extension services to the Society’s dairy farmers.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Build a strong and loyal raw milk supply base from the farmers in the Society’s catchment areas.
- Monitor and continuously grow milk volumes delivered to Society, and raise any concerns for timely interventions.
- Offer extension services to the Society’s dairy farmers.
- Develop and implement strategies on how to reactivate dormant farmers and onboard new farmers.
- Advice the Management and the Board on ways of improving members’ services and commitment.
- Lead the extension department in developing, implementing, and conducting comprehensive and effective farmers’ training, organized field visits, and support services.
- Coordinate with the Quality Control Officer on quality improvement of milk supplied by members and troubleshooting milk quality issues from the farmer level.
- Take the lead in guiding the extension department to initiate new technologies for adoption by the Society’s dairy farmers e.g climate-smart dairy farming, use of ICT tools, etc
- Disseminate any relevant information to the members, especially on all services available to them.
- Provide technical advice on design elements (extension model and relevant approaches) to strengthen and reform the extension system.
- Advice the Management and the Board on how to increase milk delivery by farmers.
- Lead extension department in developing strategies to support the Society’s farmers to do dairy as a business; aspects of record keeping, reducing the cost of production, etc
- Structure work plans, targets, and reports for the extension department.
- Coordinate with other relevant departments to support the achievement of milk volumes and extension services for the members
- Submit daily, weekly and monthly res to the General Manager on activities done, results, challenges, and, recommendations.
Qualifications & Experience
- Diploma or Degree in Animal Science, Animal Production, Agriculture extension, and education, or any other related field
- With at least 3-4 years of experience in Extension services
- Certificate of good conduct
- 2 years valid driving license /Motorbike
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in the local dialect.
- Ability to work without supervision
- Management skills
- Result oriented
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured