Outgrowers and Extension Services Officer - Kiambu
NGORONGO TEA FACTORY LIMITED
Farming & Agriculture
Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture and Extension Services or its equivalent. At least 5 years; experience in Field operations and ability to supervise day to day operations in the field as well as offer extension services to Outgrowers.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:5 years
Job Title: Outgrowers and Extension Services Officer
Grade: NTF – M3
Supervisor/Manager Title: Production Manager
Direct Reports: Extension Services Assistant
Indirect Reports: Green Leaf Clerk
Reporting to the Production Manager, the job holder will be tasked to ensure good plant husbandry of tea at the outgrowers’ farms and ensuring adequate supply of quality green leaf to the factory for processing. The incumbent will be the point of contact between the company and the outgrowers.
1. Recruiting out-growers/farmers to plant tea and farmers to supply green leaf to Ngorongo Tea Factory
2. Guiding farmers in planting quality tea plants; Training farmers on effective management of the established nurseries and tea farms
3. Register and ensure compliance with the relevant authority by tea outgrowers and its operations
4. Develop routes and tea buying centers, organize tea transport, undertake extension and training services and regular general meetings with the farmers.
5. Train and retain high and responsive clerical staff with knowledge on digital weighment systems and ability to handle disputes and promote reconciliations.
6. Administer, manage field operations and register out growers in tea catchment areas.
7. Make periodical reports to the management on all the field operations.
8. Raise and manage the field operations yearly budget estimates for inclusion in the budgetary process.
9. Carrying out verification of level of preparation of new growers/tea farms
10. Carrying out verification of new growers and transfer cases
11. Co-ordination between the company and the out growers (farmers)
12. Co-ordination of activities with Tea Board of Kenya (TBK), Kenya Tea Research Foundation (TRFK) and other stakeholders
13. Issuing of fertilizers to farmers as by the number of verified bushes and training farmers on the application of fertilizer at their individual farms
14. Liaising with other authorities in solving problems concerning tea growing.
15. Conducting field visits and teaching out grower about plucking quality leaves and carrying out census of plant population.
16. Addressing farmers issues such as complaints, new ideas e.g. and report to the production manager.
17. Participating in communicating the company’s policies to farmers as and when required.
18. Carrying out any other related tasks as lawfully assigned.
Key Performance Indicators
- Adequate supply of quality green leaf as per the set standards to the factory.
- Increased number of outgrowers supplying tea to the factory
- Good working relationship between company and outgrowers.
- Accurate and up to date reports on field activities
Competencies and Attributes
- Good administrative capability.
- Team player.
- Ability to complete assigned task with set deadlines
- Good communications skills
- Negotiation Skills
- High integrity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture and Extension Services or its equivalent
- At least 5 years; experience in Field operations and ability to supervise day to day operations in the field as well as offer extension services to Outgrowers.
- Rain Forest Alliance certification
- Computer Literate
- Clean driving licence classes F & G (Motorcycle)
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured