Partnership Development Expert
Management & Business Development
The consultant should have a MBA or Masters’ degree in project management, environmental economics, marketing, finance or similar discipline.
- Minimum Qualification:Masters
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:7 years
Under the supervision of the Head of the Climate Finance Unit (CFU) the consultant will:
- Provide an overview of CFU’s existing partnerships with relevant public and private entities as well as an analysis of any potentials to broaden the scope of collaboration.
- Provide an analysis of opportunities with potential new partners and donors, including their priorities and focus and possible ways of engagement by CFU. This should also take into consideration of a) existing concept notes from CFU; b) opportunities of joining projects and initiatives of partners; c) opportunities for developing new projects and initiatives; d) strategy and direction of donors in terms of what they want to fund
- Provide suggestions of the niche of UNEP CFU’s work with the objective of further expansion. This includes providing inputs to CFU’s fundraising strategy, identify any opportunities and gaps for strategic partnerships internally within UNEP and externally.
The consultant will report to the Head of the Climate Finance Unit and work in close collaboration with the UNEP CFU Project Manager, based in Nairobi.
- The consultant should have a MBA or Masters’ degree in project management, environmental economics, marketing, finance or similar discipline.
- A Bachelor’s university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Eligible candidates will also have at least seven (7) years of professional experience in project management, preferably working with/for businesses.
- Experience working in or with the finance industry, with the donor community (governments, philanthropy) and having a good network in these sectors are a distinct advantage.
- Experience in marketing distinct concepts to businesses and convincing governments, private foundations to provide funding for novel concepts and/or being a very good oral and written communicator, would especially be welcome.
- Experience with the United Nations system and having a solid network with environmental and social specialists is considered an asset.
- In addition, the consultant should be computer literate in standard software applications; have good analytical skills with a specific understanding of spatial data analytics; have good interpersonal skills; report writing and communication skills.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- For this consulting position, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of French and/or Spanish is considered an asset.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured