JOB RE- ADVERTISEMENT
The Academic Model Providing Access To Health Care (AMPATH) is a project under the auspices of Moi University School of Medicine, Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital (MTRH), and Consortium of North American Universities whose aim is to provide sustainable efforts in access to Healthcare, Research, and Training.
AMPATH also supports the Ministry of Health in ten (10) counties of North Rift, Western and Nyanza regions of Kenya.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for the following vacant position under PT4A and STRENGTHS STUDIES to be based at AMPATH Centre.
POSITION: PROGRAMMER (1 POSITION)
GRADE: RS 11
Reporting to the Principal Investigator (PI), the successful candidate will among others be responsible for the following:-
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, maintain and deploy enterprise software in AngularX, NodeJS, Java, and Python to meet user and business needs.
- Gather and document user requests for future upgrades and enhancements to OpenMRS (core and modules), as well as other custom enterprise software.
- Conduct and/or inform IT on system-wide tests as well as provide user technical support
- Manage developer workloads in JIRA ticketing system
- Work with forms and concepts team, data quality, reporting, IT and other developers to coordinate the development process and meet project deadlines.
- Any other duty as assigned.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, and IT.
- At least 3 years working experience with at least one of the following programming languages; Java, NodeJS and Python.
- Experience working with at least one backend framework: ExpressJs, HapiJs, Java Spring
- At Least 2 years’ experience working in an agile software development environment.
It will be an added advantage if you have
- Experience working in a TDD environment
- Experience with containerization, bash scripting, docker/kubernetes, cloud-based CI/CD tool, nginx, MySQL scripting.
- Experience working with Linting tools, ESLint
- Experience with architecture and design principles, building to consider maintainability, performance, security requirements, and impact.
- Working knowledge of at least one version control tool — Git, Mercurial (provide link to your git profile)
- Experience developing and maintaining REST APIs
- Experience working in health or medical software in resource-constrained environments
- Contributing to OpenMRS
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
The successful candidate will be employed on contract terms beginning with three-month probation.
Candidates who meet these requirements and are interested should submit their applications, copies of certificates together with detailed Curriculum Vitae addressed to:
AMPATH EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, RESEARCH.
AMPATH, CENTRE (BASEMENT FLOOR ROOM BOO4)
P.O. Box 4606 – 30100
Applications well labelled with the position being applied for should be dropped at the AMPATH Human Resource office, AMPATH Centre Basement Floor RM B004
OR emailed to email@example.com not later than 12th May, 2021.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED