The Research Manager will play a key role in supporting the success of ERD’s organizational research priorities.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
The International Rescue Committee (IRC), responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people survive, recover and gain control of their future. The IRC is working to improve the safety, health, education, economic well-being and power of people in crisis affected places.
The Economic Recovery and Development team (ERD) is responsible for the development, implementation, and monitoring of client-centered programs such as, but not limited to, cash and voucher assistance (CVA), agricultural & rural livelihoods, and enterprise development and employment promotion. The Airbel Impact Lab, IRC’s hub for research and innovation supports the IRC in generating new evidence and using existing research to inform strategic plans and develop and test high quality intervention models based on evidence of what works. The unit also builds capacity of staff to interpret and apply existing research and to conduct evaluations.
The Research Manager will be a part of the ERD Technical Unit and the Airbel Impact Lab and will play a critical role in helping the IRC deliver on its ERD research priorities. This position with also work closely with technical and country teams within ERD, Airbel, and other technical units at the IRC.
The Research Manager will play a key role in supporting the success of ERD’s organizational research priorities. The Research Manager will (i) coordinate research activities with colleagues globally across the IRC and with external partners (ii) support with managing research projects and brainstorming research ideas for business development, and (iii) contribute to the dissemination of research progress and findings both internally and externally. This role requires strong project management and communication skills and a strong background in quantitative and qualitative data analysis and methodologies. There may be flexibility on office location.
- Along with the Senior Research Coordinator, support the implementation of the ERD organizational research priorities
- Participate in research-related business development activities including brainstorming research designs, engaging with country programs, and developing proposals
- Assist in developing research instruments, conducting data collection training, monitoring progress of research activities, and analyzing research data under guidance of the Senior Research Coordinator
- Provide management support to research activities related to the ERD organizational research priorities
- Collaborate with internal and external research partners to ensure successful implementation of research projects
- Support the research team in securing ethics approval for ERD research studies and ensure that all projects adhere to ethical requirements and IRC quality research standards
- Support the Senior Research Coordinator in research synthesis and preparation and coordination of dissemination activities including internal and external presentations, briefs, peer-review journal articles, community-based dissemination events, and blog posts
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: Senior Research Coordinator
- Indirect Reporting: N/A
- Position directly supervises: N/A
- Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- Internal: ERD TU, Airbel Impact Lab, country program counterparts, and other technical units
- External: research partners, peer agencies
Education / Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Research Methodology, Economics, Social Sciences, or related field
- Minimum of 2-3 years' experience supporting research projects, preferably in humanitarian or development settings and in a project management role
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies
- Fluent written and spoken communication in English. French, Spanish, or Arabic proficiency or another IRC working language is strongly preferred.
- Solid understanding of quantitative and qualitative research designs and methodologies. Knowledge of R or Stata is required. Experience or familiarity with participatory research methods is an advantage!
- Experience organizing and implementing quantitative and/or qualitative data collections. Ability to identify and troubleshoot data quality and research implementation issues.
- Knowledge of research ethics such as informed consent and data protection. Experience securing ethics approval and research permits strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills involving listening to, interacting with, and communicating clearly with people from diverse nationalities and backgrounds with a high degree of professionalism and pro-activity
- Ability to work efficiently under remote team and management structures and coordinate with internal and external partners
Standards for professional conduct and commitment to equality:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Client Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
We offer benefits that help promote an empowering work environment, including parental leave, medical insurance, counseling services, gender-sensitive security protocols, (add additional benefits based on the role/location or any that may be missed), and more.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Language preference and/or interpretation to interview for the role can be made available upon request for the IRC’s working languages (Spanish, French, Arabic, English).
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured