Marketing & Communications
The Senior In-house SEO Specialist will be responsible for leading the technical aspects of the website's SEO performance, including site architecture, page speed, crawlability, indexability, and mobile responsiveness
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:5 years
Job Description: SEO Specialist Buy Rent Kenya & PigiaMe.
Professional | Integrity | Teamwork | Honesty | Customer Centricity
● Property: To Be The Go-To Platform, for all things real estate.
● Classifieds: Safest selling and buying experience.
To create VALUE and CONVENIENCE by transforming the Kenyan Real Estate Ecosystem through an all-inclusive and transparent Marketplace.
What do we do best?
● We connect buyers and sellers and ultimately they transact online
● Inspire, Connect, and Serve your search for property
Are you an SEO whiz with a love for all things digital marketing? Do you dream of optimizing websites in your sleep and waking up with a new content strategy? Do you know the difference between a meta tag and a meta knight? If so, then we want to hear from you! We're looking for an SEO specialist to join our team at BuyRentKenya, the leading real estate portal in Kenya. And while we can't promise you a house with a white picket fence, we can promise you a seat at our SEO roundtable where we discuss the latest trends in crawling, indexing, and ranking. You'll have the chance to work with a team of talented and passionate professionals who share your love for all things optimization.
So, if you're ready to take your SEO skills to the next level and join the BuyRentKenya team, apply now! And who knows, maybe one day you'll even have a real estate listing on our website to call your own.
About the Job
The Senior In-house SEO Specialist will be responsible for leading the technical aspects of the website's SEO performance, including site architecture, page speed, crawlability, indexability, and mobile responsiveness. They will collaborate closely with the content and marketing teams to optimize the website's technical aspects and ensure that the website is performing at its best.
In addition, the Senior In-house SEO Specialist will be expected to conduct advanced keyword research and analysis to inform content development and optimization strategies, monitor website traffic and search engine rankings to identify areas for improvement, identify and fix technical SEO issues such as broken links, duplicate content, and 404 errors, and stay up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in SEO, particularly in the technical aspects of SEO.
This is a senior-level position that offers the opportunity to work with a team of talented and passionate professionals who are dedicated to driving the success of the company. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to collaborate closely with other Ringier companies worldwide and receive technical support from Ringier development teams and the global marketing team.
Overall, this is a great opportunity for a seasoned SEO professional who is looking for an exciting new challenge in a dynamic and growing industry.
● SEO Content Strategy
● Technical SEO support and upkeep
● SEO Analysis and Reporting
● Best-in-class SEO Performance Metrics
● Best-in-class SEO content and technical frameworks
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the CEO
Direct Reports None
The Ideal candidate should have
● Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, computer science, or a related field
● At least 5 years of experience in SEO including technical optimization, content marketing, and Link Building
● Strong knowledge of common SEO tools such as Google Search Console, Screaming Frog, Ahrefs, or SEMRush
● Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
● Strong project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks
● Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team
● Communicate with colleagues and share insights on Slack
● Utilise Trello to set up tasks and update status
● Coordinate with the design team on visual assets for content
● Coordinate with the push and performance marketers for content requirement
SEO Content Strategy
● Collaborate with the content team to develop SEO-friendly content that meets both user and search engine requirements
● Be responsible for the organic visibility of website pages, and the volume of traffic from organic search
● Update webpage contents and write new content to improve visibility in search results
● Investigate how to use generative AI-Tools to scale up automated content production and updates
● Use Structured Data to support rankings and enable more visible Snippets in SERPs
● Support visibility of our content in other search results like YouTube and App-Stores
● Oversee the overall link-building and internal linking strategy
Technical SEO support and upkeep
● Optimise the website's technical aspects including site architecture, page speed, crawlability, indexability, and mobile responsiveness
● Conduct keyword research and analysis to inform content development and optimization strategies
● Monitor website traffic and search engine rankings to identify areas for improvement
● Identify and fix technical SEO issues such as broken links, duplicate content, and 404 errors
● Conduct regular website audits to identify and fix technical SEO issues
● Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in SEO, particularly in the technical aspects of SEO
● Collaborate with the marketing team to develop and execute on-page and off-page SEO strategies
● Use common SEO-Tools but also own internally developed tools to analyze and optimize the SEO performance
● Monitor and report on website metrics, including traffic, rankings, and conversions
● Work with external agencies or contractors as needed to support Content-Marketing, PR, and technical SEO needs.
SEO Analysis and Reporting
● Monitor Core Web Vitals metrics across the different brands with https://www.webvitalize.io/ and discuss with the development team potential improvements
● Monitor the search ranking positions for high-value keywords
● Monthly reports on organic search visibility, keyword rankings, and organic search performance
● Heads of Marketing
● Product Team
● UX/UI Team
● Social and Content Writers
● Performance Marketer
● Our International Marketing & Technical teams
Why you should take this role
1. Opportunity for career advancement: As part of the global network of Ringier companies, BuyRentKenya offers employees opportunities for collaboration and career advancement within the company. Exposure to cutting-edge technologies and best practices: Ringier's development teams and global marketing team provide technical support and access to the latest technologies and best practices in SEO optimization.
2. Dynamic and fast-paced work environment: Working for a leading real estate portal means that employees will be part of a dynamic and fast-paced work environment, where they will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the company's success.
3. Competitive salary and benefits: BuyRentKenya offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical insurance, paid time off, and opportunities for professional development.
4. Chance to work for a market leader: BuyRentKenya is the leading real estate portal in Kenya, with a strong reputation for providing high-quality service to customers. Working for a market leader can be an exciting and rewarding experience, and can provide employees with valuable experience and skills that can be applied to future roles.
5. Overall, working for BuyRentKenya, the leading real estate portal in Kenya, which belongs to the Swiss media company Ringier, offers employees opportunities for career advancement, exposure to cutting-edge technologies and best practices, a dynamic and fast-paced work environment, competitive salary and benefits, and the chance to work for a market leader.
If you're passionate about technical SEO optimization and have a track record of success in this field, we'd love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your experience and why you think you'd be a great fit for this role.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured