Social Media Video Editor
Marketing & Communications
The Marketing Video Editor is the master of snappy edits, an expert at engaging audiences, and a stellar storyteller. In short, they’re the person who turns hours of footage into seconds of magic—something that will make your audience sit up and take notice
- Minimum Qualification:Unspecified
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:2 years
Social Media Video Editor
**NOTE: This job is for editing videos to create TikToks, Reels, Shorts (Social media posts only) for T11 Marketing efforts.
For examples of the type of content you will be producing visit Tier 11’s social media channels below:
If you’re looking for 100% remote work with flexible hours, doing what you love…
… alongside a highly successful, international team of over 60 entrepreneurs (and rapidly growing)…
… then this is a really good day for you.
- Being in a company that is quick to recognize your talents and contributions and is eager to promote from within…
- Working in a culture where egos are set aside, and everyone pulls for each other’s success (think of it as the digital marketing version of CrossFit)…
- Being a valued part of a highly skilled and diverse team…
- Solving one online challenge after another with some of the smartest marketing minds you’ll find anywhere…
- Helping scale brands in over 50 businesses across dozens of industries…
- The opportunity that comes with managing $100M+ in ad spend every year…
- Whose CEO and Founder, Ralph Burns, co-hosts Perpetual Traffic podcast, with over 8 million downloads, and is in the top 0.5% of all podcasts in the world…
…If this fires you up, then you should do yourself a solid and find out more about this new exciting role below:About this role
The Marketing Video Editor is the master of snappy edits, an expert at engaging audiences, and a stellar storyteller. In short, they’re the person who turns hours of footage into seconds of magic—something that will make your audience sit up and take notice.
The Marketing Video Editor owns the creation and delivery of engaging, on-brand, and error free social media content for all of Tier 11’s channels.
Additionally, you’ll work closely with the Marketing Content Lead and VP of Marketing to generate ideas for video/audio content and help refine the style of the final deliverables.Core Talents and Attributes
- Smart (EIQ): You practice empathy and demonstrate deep respect and patience for others – you thrive in collaborative, team-based environments. Personable/cool common sense, able to prioritize, intuitive, collaborative first principle thinker, mentally flexible… (Considering function over form), Self-awareness, healthy challenger.
- Initiative: You bring a strong desire to learn, develop and overcome obstacles as they arise – for you and your team. Finds solutions to solve problems, wants more (improvement and/or advancement), constant learning mindset (self-improvement), confident in abilities, willing to pay the price in the short term, grit driven. Action-Taker, improviser, adapt & overcome, no excuses, assertive, sees opportunities and acts on them, dependable.
- Healthy Ego: You leave your ego at the door – everyone is equal, and you treat everyone with limitless respect. Proactively engages the team for support and improvement, takes extreme ownership, admits mistakes and learns from them, gives credit to others for their success, has allegiance to the team, takes direction, adaptable, absorbs criticism well – doesn’t immediately push back.
- Precise: You demonstrate a high attention to detail and decisiveness in decision making. Detail oriented, analytical (not necessarily math, but can understand a picture from numbers), clear and simple communicator – written and verbal (especially in light of virtual team), pursues perfection, excellent follow-up & follow-through skills, finish what you said you would, works within constraints e.g. brand guidelines, customer requests, policy, trustworthy.
- Radical Candor: You show genuine care and respect towards others, and practice communication that is direct, considerate and honest – whilst not being afraid to make assertions and challenge others on their thoughts, approach or position on a subject. Radical Candor is Caring Personally while Challenging Directly. At its core, Radical Candor is guidance and feedback that’s both kind and clear, specific and sincere.
- Social Video Editing Expertise. With experience editing for both short (Tiktok) and longform (YouTube) channels.
- Proficiency with Social Video Editing Software. CapCut, Adobe Premiere, and/or Final Cut. Bonus points for experience with Descript.
- On Trend. Knowledge of social media platforms and trends, and the ability to create video content that is optimized for those different channels.
- Storyteller. Knows what to cut, what to keep, and what the right order is to create engaging and effective video content. Can engage an audience within the first three seconds of a video.
- Works Within Systems. Highly organized and adapts to the content production flow of the department.
- Collaborator. Strong written communication skills. Ability to work with a team and take direction from marketing leads. Always willing to bring ideas and healthy challenges to the table.
- Extra Points… Fluent Latin Spanish Speaker/Writer.
- Editing. Taking raw or previously edited footage to assemble engaging social content in a variety of channel specific form factors.
- Enhancing. Applying basic color correction, sound mixing, and motion graphics to improve the quality and impact of Tier 11’s video content.
- Alignment. Ensure that the final video aligns with the marketing team’s objectives and meets the requirements of the social media platform on which it will be shared, such as length and aspect ratio.
- Quality. Working with other members of the marketing team to ensure that video content is delivered on time and meets the high standards of the organization.
- Up-to-Date. Actively use the main social media platforms (Instagram, Tiktok, YouTube, etc.), staying up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in video editing and social media marketing.
- Ideation. Collaborating with other team members to generate ideas for video content, and helping to refine and develop those ideas into a cohesive concept.
- Creative Excellence. You will maintain a high standard of creative quality.
- This position is flexible (part/full time) and 100% remote.
- We offer and encourage Flexible hours – working set business hours is preferred, but if you’re proficient with communicating and getting stuff done, then we’re flexible.
- You will be providing your own computer & internet access to complete this work.
- This is a 1099 contractor arrangement. If you’re not in the US just ignore this part.
- Unfortunately, Tier 11 does not currently offer medical or retirement benefits. If you need them, then we’re just not quite ready for each other yet…
- Important: This is NOT a freelance project – you will be hired as an independent contractor.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured