Mobilit Africa has internship opportunities for highly-motivated individuals looking to pursue a career in a computer science-focused field. The position will be to support ongoing software application developments in the fields of digital marketing, online payments and operations support software among other products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Support Mobilit Africa’s software development process
2. Verify that software meets requirements.
3. Implement software design.
4. Provide support to marketing staff as needed.
5. Follow engineering quality assurance procedures.
6. Continuously identify, measure, and improve processes.
7. Follow and apply Mobilit Africa Values, Principles of Operations.
8. Understand. Create. Simplify.
9. Other duties as assigned.
- Current student pursuing a degree in computer science or equivalent with at least one year of technical coursework completed
- Fresh Graduates looking to build/apply their software development skills
- Some experience, classroom acceptable, with an object-oriented software programming language (such as C++, C#, Java, Python).
- Strong interest in programming and software development.
- Ability to execute and document defined testing procedures
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively and remotely in a team environment
- Motivated problem solver
- Practical knowledge of developing Java/C# Applications
- Knowledge of SQL and database concepts
- Experience using revision control and source code management systems such as Git, Mercurial, SVN