The Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL) Specialist will be responsible for providing technical and strategic leadership in agriculture, food security, livelihoods, and climate change adaptation & resilience (FSL&CCA) programs in ChildFund Kenya. S/He will be responsible for promoting and engaging in systematic implementation, design, monitoring, and evaluation and translating all FSL&CCA related strategic priorities in the Country Strategic Plan into implementable actions and interventions including identification, synthesis of best practices and lessons learned.
The holder of the position will lead the designing and development of FSL and Climate Change Adaptation programs and projects, identifying new business opportunities including proposal development, and engaging with current and new donors regarding FSL and CCA activities. S/He will ensure that FSL and CCA interventions implemented either directly or through local partners are of the highest technical quality through provision of regular technical oversight and support, program monitoring and reporting. S/He will provide strategic leadership and direction and ensure high quality, coherent and well-coordinated design and scale-up of FSL and CCA programming.
Program Leadership and Direction
- Lead and provide technical support in the design and development of food security, livelihoods and climate change adaptation country strategy(ies), frameworks and programs interventions.
- Contribute and participate in the development of country strategic plan and related country level strategies, policies, and frameworks.
- Facilitate the integration of climate risk management and environmental sustainability considerations across all programs.
- Support advocacy, and capacity development efforts of the ChildFund Country Office and its Implementing partnersâ staff in collaboration with relevant technical and thematic teams.
- Support the socialization and cascading of the Country Strategic Plan, policies, frameworks and FSL &CCA priorities among local partners, stakeholders and donors.
- Advise the Senior Management Team (SMT) on FSL and CCA strategic issues, emerging opportunities and trends.
- Actively participate in and provide technical guidance to Extended Senior Management Team (ESMT), Country Emergency Response Team and other Country level leadership teams.
- Lead mapping of capabilities and capacity enhancement needs of LIPs in climate change adaptation, food security and livelihoods, and climate smart agriculture and resilience programming.
- Promote integration of FSL & CCA programs with other sectors priorities through creation of linkages and joint participatory planning processes.
- Oversee country FSL and CCA program portfolio, supporting with new program/project start-ups and close-down.
- Support local partners in the mobilization and set-up processes for new FSL and CCA grants and Non-Sponsorship Projects (NSP).
- Ensure donor requirements for data collection, reporting, and targets/achievements for FSL and CCA programs are met.
- Contribute in the development and regular (Monthly and Quarterly) review of Country Annual Operation Plans.
- Support the development andthrough review of Implementing partners Annual Operation Plan and Budgets (AOPB) and ensure FSL and CCA program priorities are incorporated.
- Closely work with other members of the ChildFund program and Local Partner program teams to achieve FSL and CCA program objectives.
- Monitor program expenditure and regularly liaise with finance staff to address spending issues.
- Carry out program monitoring and review to identify program constraints and challenges during implementation, propose solutions and accordingly oversee implementation of proposed changes.
- Develop technical reports (internal and external) and proposals reflective of government, organization, and donor guidelines, ensuring timely submission to line management.
- Work closely with the Grants Acquisition and Management (GAAM) team in the design and formulation of new project proposals and concept motes providing technical and budgetary input throughout the program development and design phase on FSL and CCA funding opportunities.
- Support resource mobilization efforts on climate change adaptation, food security and livelihoods &climate smart agriculture technologies.
- Identify, initiate, and lead on new potential FSL and CCA partnerships and funding opportunities (e.g. consortiums, new calls for proposals).
- Lead scoping missions, engage with new donors on FSL and CCA opportunities and identify potential new business opportunities for new FSL and CCA programs.
- Coordinate with the GAAM Team and support donor stewardship, communications and cultivation of major global donors and prospects.
- Participate in and provide technical support (development of TOR, data tools review etc) in FSL and CCA baseline and other related studies.
- Support in the timely preparation and/or review of the quarterly and annual programmatic and donor quality reports .
- Promote and engage in systematic monitoring and evaluation of climate change adaptation, food security and livelihoods and the identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned for organizational sharing and learning.
- Document success (most significant) stories, lessons learnt and best practices and share with SMT, ESMT, Implementation Partners, donor and other stakeholders.
- Closely work the Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Knowledge Management unit to ensure all information and data on FSL and CCA programs are incorporated in country M&E system.
- Organize and facilitate regular learning and sharing sessions with stakeholder on FSL and CCA programs.
- Participate in the FSL and CCA Forums, networks and other coordination activities through active reporting and communication with field and national level focal points.
- Represent and promote ChildFund Kenya FSL and CCA programs externally with relevant stakeholders, including national and county Governments, Sector Working Groups and Networks, donors and NGO partners.
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy
- A masterâs degree in agriculture, climate change, rural development, social economics, agribusiness or other related development studies.
- Strong technical background and experience in climate smart agricultural technologies, value chain development & management, climate change adaptation, microfinance/credit, and marketing.
- 6-8 years demonstrated experience of best practice in programme design, monitoring and evaluation with documented results related to the positionâs responsibilities.
- Good understanding of donor compliance and reporting mechanisms (USAID, EU, BMZ, FCDO, DANIDA, DAI, and UN Agencies such as UNICEF, WFP, UNFPA), etc.) is an added advantage.
- Good negotiations and communication skills; excellent writing skills
- Ability to deliver high quality work within tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork and planning skills.
- Excellent facilitation and coordination skills.
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop technical capacity of staff and partners.
- Experience in managing and implementing cash transfers, conservation agriculture, carbon credit, climate smart technologies, voluntary Saving and Loan Schemes and understanding of FSL and CCA in emergency contexts.
The FSL and CCA Manager can draw on the support of Country Office team members in the development of his/her responsibilities. The primary Country Office members for this position will be:
- Program and Sponsorship Director, Child Protection & Advocacy Manager, Sponsorship Manager, Partnership Portfolio Manager, Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Knowledge Management Manager, Disaster Risk Response Specialist, Program Quality Manager, and Program Assistant.
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.