- Monitoring political developments in the Horn of Africa region via online sources;
- Providing assistance editing reports and briefings on conflict issues, and other documents produced by Africa program staff;
- Preparing advocacy and research materials and attending meetings with/on behalf of the Crisis Group staff;
- Assisting with carrying out daily press reviews and composing weekly situation reports;
- Other administrative tasks, including arranging for meetings.
- Research and organisational skills;
- Ability to summarise information;
- Command of verbal and written English; knowledge of local language(s) is an added advantage.
- Proven research skills in international relations or a similar subject, conflict analysis or human rights work; and
- Proven interest in and knowledge of the Horn of Africa region, with a special focus on Ethiopia, Eritrea,Djibouti, Sudan and South Sudan.
If interested, please apply by September 24th 2020.