Department Supply Chain
Direct report Operations Manager
Interface with All Departments
Supervises Inventory Clerks, Stores Supervisors, Store Keepers, Stores Clerks
• Managing stores operations in an efficient manner to ensure stores operations run smoothly.
• Monitoring all stock movement from various stores to determine required minimum and maximum stock.
• Raising request for purchase of items upon timely considering lead time.
• Providing daily, weekly and monthly summary reports to management on stores status.
• Updating of ERP on all incoming materials as per the purchase orders.
• Monitoring/reviewing issuance of raw material and consumable material as per Production Plan.
• Planning and execution of regular stock take to ascertain stock accuracy.
• Ensuring stocks accuracy in stock cards as well as ERP system, sharing the stock reports to relevant departments for execution of their mandate e.g. sales, planning, dispatch and suppliers.
• Enforce compliance of stock control processes by all stores team interacting with various stock items.
• Continuously establish warehouse practices and protocols to achieve an efficient warehouse management set up.
• Drive customer service excellence to every aspect of the store, including store appearance, display of merchandise, product placement, story layout, and selling procedures
• In charge of closure of any nonconformities raised to stores.
• Any other duties as allocated, removed or delegated by management.
• Manage, coach and develop a high performing team that meets agreed objectives and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements.
• Set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports.
• Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required.
• Consistently promote high standards through personal example and roll out through the team so that each member of the team understands the standards and behavior expected of them.
• Ensure the delivery of the People Strategy within area of accountability • Manage and lead the team, ensuring adequate staffing levels.
• Monitor the completion of tasks and ensure good performance and record on appropriate systems.
• Review, implement and update company records e.g. training matrices, performance reviews, risk assessments.
• Communicate KPIs from the strategic annual plan so that each employee is aware
• Support, comply and ensure complicity with Health & Safety regulations, the Company Handbook, Quality and Environmental standards, and all other Company policies and procedures.
• Support encourage and develop team and take ownership for team cohesion
• Proactively contribute to creating a good team atmosphere
• Makes useful links to arrive at insightful plans and solutions
• Embraces personal challenge.
• Confident, rounded thinking
• Is resilient, optimistic and open to change
• Has an Adult: Adult, collaborative approach to others
• A self-starter, motivated and able to positively motivate others
• Focused and target driven with a positive, can-do attitude
• Bachelor’s Degree in Supply chain Management or any other Business related course from a recognized institution.
• Over 5 years of experience in a busy manufacturing set up.
• Previous work experience in a Similar/ related role.
• Previous work experience with ISO, KAIZEN, Lean and Six Sigma is an added advantage.
• Good leadership and man management skills
• Computer Knowledge is a requirement.
• ERP understanding is also a requirement.
• Ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members
• Good written, verbal and presentation skills
• Good organizational and follow-up skills
• Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making