Youth Communication Consultant at United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
Consulting & Strategy
A minimum of two years of experience in environment, education, communication, or related field is required.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:2 years
Duties and Responsibilities
- The UN Environment Programme is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. UNEP’s Communication Division communicates UNEP’s core messages to all stakeholders and partners, raising environmental awareness and enhancing the profile of UNEP worldwide.
- UNEP has an exciting portfolio of campaigns and communication projects that we want to take out to a younger audience. These include overseeing and driving the youth and education outreach for World
- Environment Day, Young Champions of the Earth, and flagship campaigns, such as the UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration (#GenerationRestoration), Clean Seas, and work under the Climate, Nature and Pollution pillars.
- The successful candidate will be a dynamic, entrepreneurial individual that can work well across a range of teams and advise our outreach work so that we are inspiring change and communicating effectively to this critical group comprising about 20 per cent of the world’s population.
- The objective of this Nairobi-based position is to lend expertise to youth communication and engagement strategies for UNEP’s campaigns and activities, with a particular focus on Young Champions of the Earth, and its next theme on ecosystem restoration.
- Under the direct supervision of the Communication Manager for the UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration and overall guidance from UNEP’s Chief of Public Advocacy, the consultant will:
Advise and guide on UNEP’s overall youth engagement;
Guide the development of youth-related programmes;
Guide the development and implementation of a renewed cycle of the Young Champions of the Earth.
- A minimum of two years of experience in environment, education, communication, or related field is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Environmental Studies, Education, Political Sciences, or related field is required
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post, fluency in written and spoken English is required; knowledge of another official UN language is desirable.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured