Interested individuals should submit an application form in the IPPFARO CV Format [Download via the following link:https://www.ippfar.org/sites/ippfar/files/IPPF ARO - CV Form .docx] and a 1-page cover letter.
Please note that we will not consider applications that are not done in the requested format.
“Applications are particularly encouraged from women, persons living with disability, and candidates openly living with HIV.”
IPPF has been made aware of various fraudulent vacancy announcements circulated via e-mail from websites falsely stating that they are issued by or in association with IPPF. These correspondences, which may seek to obtain money from the recipients of such correspondence are fraudulent and IPPF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
NB: Interested individuals should submit an application form in the IPPFARO CV format (see download link above) and a 1-page cover letter. Please note that we will not consider applications that are not done in the requested format.
Job Title: Administration and Logistics Officer
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Responsible to: Administration and Human Resources Manager
Department: Regional Director's Office (RDO)
Deadline for Application: 30 October 2020
1. JOB PURPOSE
This position is located in the HR Management Unit of IPPFARO Regional Director’s Office. The Administrative and Logistics Officer will report to the Administration and Human Resources Manager.
2. KEY TASKS
Within delegated authority, the incumbent of the post will be responsible for the following duties:
1. Responsible for the administration of the ARO office;
2. Coordinates and provides logistics support to conferences, workshops, meetings and all office internal and external events;
3. Maintains the day to day logistical and administrative set up of the office by ensures that what is necessary for staff to work in a smooth environment is provided;
4. Manages the office assets in collaboration with the office support;
5. Responsible for the development, maintenance and update of the database of office assets;
6. With the support of the office assistant, manage sthe procurement of goods for the office stationery, and other office items;
7. Manage the stocks of the office electronically manages;
8. Supports the ICT administration with IT supplies and advises him/her when there are issues with IT materials;
9. Prepares the arrival of new staff members by dealing with all administrative and logistical arrangements, including transportation with the support of the office support assistant ;
10. Identifies providers, implements and reports on special logistics operations;
11. Provides and coordinates logistics support to security and health and safety components of the office;
12. Drafts and coordinates logistical plans and other documents supporting the implementation of logistical operations as recommended by the security advisor and people culture and organisational development manager;
13. Responsible for organising bids in collaboration with the operations department for office services such as cleaning and security;
14. Supervises the work of the officer cleaners and works closely with the security guards;
15. Administrates all initiatives to change and improve the office culture and organisational development as directed by supervisor ;
16. Takes minutes, prepares briefing notes and administrative documents as necessary;
17. Liaises and coordinates logistics support with all program departments in relation to the administration of transport units with the office support unit, such as transportation, communications, and procurement;
18. Coordinates logistics requirements with host government entities;
19. Liaises and coordinates all logistics support within IPPFARO;
20. Ensures that accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are maintained;
21. Ensures that logistics requirements take account of gender-specific needs;
22. Performs other duties are requested by supervisor.
PROFESSIONALISM: Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
PLANNING & ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
CLIENT ORIENTATION: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
• Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in logistics, business administration, public administration, engineering, or another relevant field is required.
• A first-level degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in the specified fields of studies with two additional years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
3) Work Experience
A minimum of five (05) years of progressively responsible experience in logistics operations in military, commercial or international organizations, or related area is required.
English and French are the working languages of the ARO. For this post fluency in English (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge of French is desirable. Knowledge of Portuguese is an advantage.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include assessment exercise which will be followed by a competency-based interview.
6) Other requirements
• Experience in working in a multicultural environment.
• Willing to work outside standard office hours as required.
• Diplomatic skills and good interpersonal skills.