Kenya Forestry Research Institute (KEFRI) is a State Corporation established in 1986 with obligation to undertake forest research, generate and promote improved technologies for sustainable management, conservation and development of forest and allied natural resources.
JOB DESCRIPTIONS AND PERSON SPECIFICATIONS FOR VACANT POSTS
24. ASSISTANT HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT OFFICER: KEFRI 9
a) Duties and Responsibilities
• Preparing draft correspondences;
• Reviewing job descriptions and preparing job advertisements;
• Coordinating the recruitment process;
• Organizing Staff induction and on-boarding programs;
• Writing pay change advise and advice accounts section on staff salary changes, transfers, appointments, promotions and increments for timely processing
• Maintaining and update the staff compliment to ensure records of the establishment are kept up to date;
• Processing salaries, allowances, benefits and final dues;
• Updating the HR information systems data;
• Issuing of staff Identity Cards.
• Collating information relating to recruitment and selection, appointments, training, performance management, records and staff complement control;
• Undertaking of training needs analysis, projections and developing training programmes;
• Administering performance appraisal, collates performance related data, analyzing and preparing related reports;
• Collating data in relation to HIV/AIDS Prevention, gender, disability mainstreaming, Alcohol, Drug and Substance Abuse, Occupational, Safety and Health Act;
• Preparing timely statutory returns such as NSSF and NHIF;
• Processing pension elements and other human resource administration matters for retirees and those proceeding on retirement for timely payments; and
• Implementing decisions made by the Human Resource Officers to ensure issues raised are addressed and in a timely manner.
b) Requirements for Appointment
i) Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) minimum grade “C-” (C Minus) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
ii) Diploma in Diploma in Human Resource or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
iii) Valid membership from relevant professional body is an added advantage; and
iv) Certificate in Computer Applications from a recognised institution.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.