Our Client is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small merchants to the digital economy, they fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. They aim to provide everything a retailer and wholesalers needs
They are looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Role: Branch Warehouse Manager
They are searching for a warehouse manager to be based in Nairobi. The responsible person will undertake all aspects of warehouse management in the branch. The primary goal of this position is to monitor and optimize inventory in the warehouse.
Reports to: Country Warehouse Manager
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the supervision and management of branch level warehouse team
• Responsible for the development and compliance of agreed-upon warehouse standard operating procedures across all warehouse functions (eg. loading, stock reconciliation, cash reconciliation, storage, stock counts)
• Responsible for the management of inventory across all branches. Ensuring each branch is not over/under- stocked on any SKU.
• Responsible for managing the communication flow between branch level warehouse managers and Kenya finance team with regards to timely payment for LPOs.
• Responsible for managing the communication flow between branch level warehouse managers and Supplier procurement teams to ensure timely delivery of requested LPOs.
• Responsible for the tracking and reporting of branch level agent shorts, inventory, and LPOs
• Responsible for the development of branch-level warehouse team budgets (eg. budget for additional personnel, storage capacity, parking capacity, offloading capacity, stock forecasting)
The successful candidate will possess:
• Proven work experience as a warehouse manager Above 3 years.
• Masters in Warehouse management or a degree in Procurement and supplies with Key experience in Logistics
• Expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices.
• Proven ability to implement processes improvement initiatives.
• Qualification in logistics or management
• Strong knowledge of the warehousing key performance indicator.
• Leadership skills and ability to manage staff.
• Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Keen to details especially numbers
Qualified Candidates are advised to apply quoting job position on the subject line