General administration in respect of the budget of the assigned County Department
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:5 years
REPUBLIC OF KENYA
COUNTY GOVERNMENT OF KITUI
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
Declaration of Vacancies in the Kitui County Public Service
Pursuant to the provisions of the County Government Act No. 17 of 2012 Section 45, read together with section 59 and 66 the County Public Service Board of Kitui invites applications from qualified persons to fill in the positions of Chief Officers for the following departments:-
COUNTY CHIEF OFFICERS JOB GROUP CPSB 02 (JG ‘S’) 16 POSTS
13. Economic Planning & Budgeting
b) Duties and Responsibilities:
• General administration in respect of the budget of the assigned County Department;
• Being the Accounting Officer and authorized officer of the department;
• Provision of strategic policy direction for the effective delivery of services by the department;
• Development and implementation of county strategic plans and sector development plans;
• Facilitating the achievement of the goals and objectives of the County Government and Intergovernmental programs and projects;
• Ensuring efficient and effective utilization of financial, Human and other Resources in the Department and submitting regular statutory reports as required;
• Ensuring promotion and compliance with National Values and Principles of Governance as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010;
• Overseeing implementation and monitoring of performance management systems;
• Formulate and implement effective program plans to attain vision 2030 and sector goals;
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Committee Member or the County Secretary;
c) Requirements for Appointment:
• Be a Kenyan Citizen.
• Be a holder of at least a first Degree from a University recognized in Kenya.
• A post-graduate qualification in the relevant field will be an added advantage but not mandatory.
• Have relevant knowledge and experience of more than five years in the relevant field.
• Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on Leadership and integrity.
• Be conversant with the Constitution of Kenya and all the devolution related legislations.
• Possess an understanding and exhibit commitment to National Values and Principles of Governance and Public Service as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 respectively.
• Have the capacity to work under pressure to meet timelines
• Have the ability to work in a multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
• Be a strategic thinker and result oriented;
• Have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills;
• Be computer literate.
d) Mandatory Integrity Clearance:
ONLY Successful applicants will be required to submit clearances from the following institutions:-
1. Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
2. Credit Reference Bureau (CRB);
3. Directorate of Criminal Investigation (D.C.I);
4. Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
5. Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
All academic testimonials and transcripts will be subjected to verification and authentication by relevant authorities.
e) Terms of Service: Contract
f) Salary: as prescribed by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission (SRC)
How to Apply
Written applications enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates and ID card clearly indicating the position applied for on the ENVELOPE should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to:
KITUI COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD,
P. O. BOX 33-90200,
OR delivered by hand to Kitui County Public Service Board offices, located along Prison-Kefri Road on or before Friday October 21, 2022 by 5pm.
Detailed information regarding these vacant positions can be accessed from the County Government of Kitui website www.kitui.go.ke
The County Government of Kitui is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge commission for its recruitment services. Qualified Women, persons living with disability and those from minority and Marginalised groups are encouraged to apply.
DR. FLORENCE M. MAKINDI (PhD)
KITUI COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured