Our client, a leading Information Technology company in Cloud computing and cyber security, is looking for a skilled Change manager.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
The successful candidate will ensure that all changes are managed in a controlled manner, including standard changes and emergency maintenance relating to business processes, applications, and infrastructure. This includes change standards and procedures, impact assessment, prioritization and authorization, emergency changes, tracking, reporting, closure, and documentation.
• Establishes the process for change management and ensures that each change follows the complete procedure to ensure minimum disruption to IT services.
• Evaluates all requests for change (RFCs) to determine the impact on business processes and IT services, and to assess whether the change will adversely affect the operational environment and introduce unacceptable risk.
• Chairs the Change Advisory Board (CAB) and ensures the CAB has the information needed to evaluate changes.
• Authorizes acceptable changes, either alone or after a CAB meeting has taken place.
• Liaises with all necessary parties to coordinate change building, testing, and implementation, in accordance with schedules.
• Carefully manages emergency changes to minimize further incidents and make sure the change is controlled and takes place securely.
• Verifies that emergency changes are appropriately assessed and authorized after the change.
• Maintains a tracking and reporting system to document rejected changes, communicates the status of approved and in-process changes, and completes changes.
• Ensures that approved changes are implemented as planned and ensures that they have met their objectives. Reviews any changes that have been backed out of and have failed.
• Produces regular management reports.
• Works with Configuration Management to ensure that configuration item (CI) changes are entered in the change management database (CMDB).
• Must have a relevant bachelor’s degree in computer science
• Must have ITIL v4 experience, with practitioner certification in change management.
• Use of change management tools.
• Knowledge of deployment and implementation methodologies of related technical change management experience.
• Experience in project management and knowledge of approaches, tools, and phases of the project lifecycle.
• Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle.
• Understanding of configuration management principles.
• Familiar with controls and audit compliance.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
Monthly Gross Salary: Depending on Skills and experience
Career Level: Mid-Level.
Job Type: Full-Time
Education: Relevant Bachelor’s degree
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 11th December 2022.
We endeavour to contact all of our applicants, but unfortunately, high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured