1. Facilitate through liaison with line managers, increased awareness and consistency of implementation of all company policies and procedures
2. Liaise with Heads of Department to review, amend and develop policies as appropriate
3. Review and provide input into the resolution and remediation actions of disciplinary matters in consultation with Line Management and the RHRM.
4. Involvement in Industrial Relations with regard to investigations and resolution of all queries raised by the Line Managers on staff matters, and staff grievances
5. Participate in disciplinary enquires and implementation of employee engagement initiatives, action plans derived from employee engagement Surveys and retention strategies in consultation with the RHRM and the business.
6. Implementation of Employee Wellness programs and initiatives for increased employee productivity and retention.
7. Ensure prompt reporting of OSH incidents to the DOSH in liaison with the OSH Advisor
8. Act as an advisor to the various stakeholders on employment legislation, and all matters pertaining to employee relations.
9. Interpreting and advising on all legal matters, commercial contracts and agreements
10. Drafting and/or revising various documents of legal nature
11. Review execution of company policies and procedures periodically
12. Compilation and updating of the company Risk Register
13. Ensure compliance of all legal and regulatory matters including licensing, in all countries that we operate in
14. Support the Heads of department for any litigation matters by liaising with the company legal advisors for technical legal advice, collating appropriate case documentation and evidence amongst other related duties
15. Conduct legal review, analysis and research and advice on legal matters
16. Update company secretarial records in liaison with the Company secretaries in the various jurisdictions
• University Degree (HR, Business, Law or related) and a Post graduate HR Diploma
• At least three (3) years’ demonstrable experience in a busy commercial environment and legal background
• Sound understanding of HR policies and procedures
• Thorough understanding, knowledge and interpretation of Labour and Employment legislation.
• Member of IHRM with current practicing certificate
• Good understanding of business processes and controls to manage information and facilitate decision making
• Excellent administrative, communication and organizational skills
• Keep abreast with legislation and arbitration decisions to assess industry trends
• Ability to contribute to team success by having a positive attitude to work and working with integrity.
• Working under pressure and with little supervision, self-driven and motivated.
• High level of tact and diplomacy and the ability to use appropriate styles and methods of communication to ensure a professional yet personal customer service
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a discreet and professional manner;
• Ability to build effective working relationships with others – at all levels of the organization;
• Proven ability to remain calm, focused and organized and to deliver results on time when under pressure
• and with rapidly changing circumstances;
• Leads from the front, delivers and owns results, values and respects others, inspires trust and integrity
• Customer Centric