United Nations Savings and Credit Cooperative Society Ltd (UN Sacco Ltd) is one of the best managed Tier 1 Saccos and has been in operation for over 40 years.
The Sacco has significantly grown over the years and looking to recruit vibrant individuals of high integrity who will work with the current team to take the Sacco to the next level of Success.
In her quest for excellence, the Sacco seeks to recruit for the positions as advertised below;
HUMAN RESOURCE & ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Terms: Open ended contract
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: The position is responsible for ensuring that the UN-SACCO has the right quantity and quality of staff to support it to meet its overall goals. The position also ensures that the recruited staff meet the minimum requirements for their respective positions, are retained, motivated and are engaged at all times. The incumbent jobholder is also responsible for general administration of all departments.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews and updates HR Policy and procedures manual and ensure compliance with the best practice and the Employment Act
- Ensures appropriate HR initiatives are in place to attract, motivate and maintain the right caliber of staff to support UN Sacco to achieve its mandate
- Implements Performance Management System, ensures staff are regularly appraised and relevant reports prepared and submitted for management decision making
- Conducts regular training needs assessments and prepares training plan with respective budgets for approval and implementation
- Ensures that that UN-SACCO’s capacity building initiatives are effectively implemented as the approved training plan
- Receives regular training reports
- Compiles departmental training needs annually and prepares annual training plans, prepares related budget and monitors implementation.
- In liaison with the records unit, creates and maintains staff records
- In line with the Sacco’s business needs, prepares annual human resources plans for review by management and approval by the board.
- Handles staff disciplinary matters
- In liaison with Finance department manages the staff payroll.
- Coordinates staff recruitment and placement process
- In liaison with Heads of Departments, coordinates staff induction/orientation program
- Manage Staff Records
- Manage Employee relations
- Management of outsourced services; Tea girls, Cleaning services and Security
- Liaises with the caretaker of leased office space
- Maintenance and repairs of Office equipment and furniture
- Carries out any other responsibilities as directed from time to time.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource (from a reputable institution)
- Possession of Legal qualification is an added advantage
- Five (5) years’ in a similar role
- Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP)
- Knowledge of labour laws and related legislations will be an added advantage.
- ICT skills
- Peoples management
- Problem solving
- Organizational and Coordination skills
- Analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications clearly indicating the position applied for together with
a) A detailed Curriculum Vitae
b) Certified copies of Academic certificates, transcripts, professional certificates and any other relevant supporting documents
c) Copy of National Identity Card
d) Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations (DCI)
e) Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
f) Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
g) Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
h) Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
i) Three (3) names of referees one of which must be the current employer and their mobile telephone and e-mail contacts
UNSACCO Ltd is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
All applications and other relevant supporting documents must be submitted in soft copy only through the email address firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us on or before 29th January 2021 latest 5.00pm ( East Africa Time.)