Key Operational Responsibilities.
- Lead, develop, advice and support the implementation of the Warehouse and Logistics strategy to deliver the strategic priorities of long-term growth opportunities for the Company.
- Provide leadership and guidance to ensure the execution of plans to optimize the operation.
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transport and customer service activities.
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle.
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, route plans, delivery times, transport costs to attain efficiency.
- Manage all inward and outward bound shipments.
- Analyze warehouse capacity, throughput, productivity and efficiency from a warehouse perspective.
- Supervise, coach and train the warehouse and logistics team.
- Put in place cost cutting measures, productivity measurements, accuracy and timeliness of targets.
- Comply with laws, regulations and Occupational Safety and Health requirements.
- Work proactively with various departments to realize efficiencies and manage expectations.
- Ensure compliance to stock management procedures and regulatory requirements.
Duties, Tasks Deliverable, KPI’s and Reports.
- Ensure optimum stocks levels maintained and no stock outs or overstocking for Raw Materials and consumables. Report monthly by 5th of each month. Ensure timely reorders are placed in line with stocks at hand and forward requirements;
- Monthly reports on key stocks indicating how many months forward sales covered, Weekly update on Finished Goods not collected;
- Monthly WIP reports by 5th of following month and highlight delayed projects with recommendations.
- Regular monthly physical Stock checks reports of 20 items each month reconciled to SAP by the 5th of the following month.
- Complete a monthly report on slow moving, dead stocks with recommendations monthly-5th of following month.
- Ensure all stocks including spares and consumables stocks properly maintained for all machines and key equipment and provide updates monthly for any requirements.
- Ensure company vehicles are properly managed and monitored; proper usage, service, licenses renewals, annual inspections, etc. are done on a timely and proactive basis. Monthly report on vehicles costs and kms done and next services due by 5th of the following month.
- Ensure all materials work orders are issued on and recorded on a timely basis, labor costs entered and profit/loss on projects completed reported every Monday and monthly by 5th of the month.
- Ensure regular weekly meetings with sales and production to ensure customer expectations are met. Actions agreed for pending orders to be updated and followed up-Reports to MD weekly on Monday’s noon.
- Generate materials and other requirements orders report on the 25th of each month for orders for the next month.
- Ensure annual inspection for all fire equipment, etc and statutory requirement, licenses for OSH and Fire safety, etc are obtained on a timely basis.
- BSc in Supply chain management, Logistics or relevant field
- 5+ yrs. Of functional experience out of which 2 MUST be on similar role or one that is strongly similar
- Prior work experience as a Logistics Administrator, Warehouse Administrator or similar role
- Experience using SAP exp SCM module is a MUST.
- High performance and results oriented with keen attention to detail with good organizational, planning, report writing and presentation skills.
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Exceptional communication skills
How to apply
If you are up to the challenge and possess the relevant experience and qualifications; please send in your CV only quoting the job title ‘Inventory and Logistics Administrator’ as the subject.