1. Reports to: Regional logistics manager BAM
2. Location: Distribution center
Purpose: Lead the logistics function at the county level- warehouse, custom clearance, inventory management, inland transport, stock ordering and security of stock.
3. Job Responsibilities
· Analyze stock levels and sales forecast to ensure consistent minimum stock levels at the Distribution Centre and shops.
· Optimize and coordinate the stock ordering process
· Handle customs clearance for all incoming and outgoing shipments (Comply with customs laws and regulations)
· Negotiate with suppliers and handle local stock purchases (Optimize logistics costs)
· Arrange external shipments and manage temporally exports
· Supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce
· Manage the stock preparation process (quality check and activation)
· Manage key KPIs and ensure continued improvement
· Manage overall inventory in the country and report on stock loss
· Facilitate the end of year stock audits at the distribution center
· Manage stock takes to ensure accurate stock levels in the system
· Responsible to organize the logistics Centre (warehouse) in term of efficiency and security
· Adhere to the company logistics processes
· Manage the use of the inventory management system at the DC and shops
· Monthly reports on container lead time, running costs, change in processes, stock out prediction and constraints.
4. Description of tasks
· Coordinate and manage regular inventory counting in both shops and DC to ensure accurate level of stock in the inventory management system.
· Implement, evaluate and continuously improve stock management processes in the warehouses and shops
· Keep track and records of costs, taxes on containers and other administrative documents
· Ensure an efficient use of stock tools and maintain accurate stock levels
· Work with Finance on stock reconciliation and ensure real stock valuation
· Communicate complex inventory problems to Manager promptly
· Implement an optimized internal logistics route
· Arrange occasional stock audits at shops
· Review freight rates and other transportation costs to keep working costs low
· Maintains quality throughout the logistic processes
5. Person Specifications
· A degree in Logistics / supply chain
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar position
· Experience of at least 2 years using inventory management systems (ERP or SAP)
· Experience managing a team.
· Attention to details
· Good analytical skills
· Good communication skills
· Mature, self-initiative and positive attitude