Our client the leading footwear company in Kenya with a widespread network of over 150 stores is looking to for Materials Head. The successful candidate will be responsible for the purchase of total raw materials for the company and ensure quality and advantageous prices to all factories in company.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:15 years
The Ideal Must
have experience working the Manufacturing Sector
and Minimum 15 years’ experience with 5 years as a Materials Head/Purchasing
- Participate and contribute to the production planning and profitable functioning of the company.
- To be responsible for purchase of total raw materials for the company and ensure quality and advantageous prices to all factories in company.
- To coordinate the activities of Purchasing and Material Management of all Units and proper planning of materials to drive in cost effectiveness.
- To be responsible for building up a good management team in the Purchasing Department, practicing highest ethical standards.
- Control Inventory of raw materials within estimates.
- Maximize centralized cost improvement initiatives and control to bring in savings continuously.
- Standard procedures in Purchasing functions are to be established in all sections.
- Review adherence to standards weekly.
- Coordinate bulk buying of all major, common items for all units such as PVC materials, Textiles, Rubber, Rubber Chemicals, Tannery Chemicals, PVC Leather Cloth and Packaging Material.
- Assist purchasing organization to ensure regular supply at the right quantity, at the right quality, at the right time and at the most economical price and terms.
- Coordinate and monitor the activities of clearing and forwarding.
- Standardize the administration and procedures of Buying Departments and ensure proper physical inventories and orderly stock keeping.
- Coordinate placing of orders and recalling of materials to maintain stock level as planned in the Financial Plan.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement
- Master’s Degree and/or Diploma in Materials Management will be an added advantage
- 15 Years; with at least 5 years as a Materials Head/Purchasing Manager in a Manufacturing Set-up
- Good understanding of the market and market research tactics.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Profitable decision-making mindset
Monthly Gross Salary: KES 250K -300K
Career Level: Management
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Procurement
endeavour to contact all our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of
applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks
your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean
you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job
board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured