Department: Warehouse/Distribution Hub
Reports to: Operations Supervisor
Job location: Nairobi and Mombasa
Our Client provides high-quality refurbished IT equipment for social and educational projects in Kenya and the East African region as well; acting as an end-to-end logistics manager that coordinates the many partners active in the supply chain to ensure the IT projects are implemented successfully. This includes monitoring the refurbishment process, transport, export/import process, distribution, installation and maintenance, and local collection and recycling.
The job holder will be responsible for smooth hub operations as the assistant to the Operations Supervisor.
Contribution to operations information, action plans, and productivity, quality and customer service standards will be the core requirements of this position.
• Minimum qualification: Diploma
• Experience level: Mid-level
• Experience length: Minimum 1 year
• Overseeing a small warehouse activity with ICT computer refurbishment and e-waste recycling activities.
• Plan and co-ordinate the receiving of all incoming shipments.
• Ensure proper storage of inventory in the Warehouse.
• Record and communicate all missing or damaged goods to the line Manager.
• Checking and ensuring that sold stock are packed and dispatched in a timely manner
• Dispatch management & delivery planning.
• Ensure proper records are maintained and with controlled access.
• Organize, facilitate and manage stock takes at regular intervals; reconciling with data storage system.
• Ensure security of warehouse environment and maintain access control.
• Responsible for ensuring physical condition of warehouse is maintained and reporting any maintenance/repair related issues
• Ensure that all relevant procedures and processes are followed and adhered to in line with the Company’s procedures and requirements.
• Carrying out routine software and hardware maintenance.
• Diagnosing and resolving software/hardware faults.
• Network maintenance and Troubleshooting also liaise with service providers to ensure 24/7 internet supply at the HUB
• Refurbishment, repair and maintenance of computers, other digital devices and their peripherals
Experience in a demanding, multicultural professional environment, preferably in positions where frequent cross-department collaboration is required. Leadership experience at work or outside of work. Working with data and have data analytics and quantitative reasoning skills. When confronted with challenges, you think creatively and always look for win-win solutions. You're comfortable quality checking documentation without support. You are passionate about delivering outstanding customer service – you put customers first in all that you do and understand the importance of building agile processes that will best serve your clients.
Skills and proficiencies:
• Must have knowledge in IT; both hardware and software configuration.
• Data entry skills
• Team work and people management
• Creativity and latitude in decision making
• Ability to work in a physically demanding environment while maintaining safety.