• Identifying target markets and developing strategies to communicate with them.
• Deliver on the Kenyan strategic procurement initiatives and roll out the procurement plan.
• Develop key processes, procedures and work templates at Hospital level to ensure continuous improvement and adhere to the ISO 9001 principles.
• Foster savings by using the procurement levers such as standardization, optimization, consolidation and outsourcing.
• Assist in building the category management plan.
• Ensure continuous supply of medical supplies whilst minimizing inventory costs.
• Co-ordinate tenders and negotiate with vendors as required.
• Co-ordinate the effective resolution of vendor queries & other finance related issues. Assist in the sourcing of products as required.
• Chair the Group procurement committee.
• Implement the supplier performance management plan; roll out KPIs and report on performance of suppliers.
• Manage price agreements and contracts as required.
• Assist in Oracle system roll out throughout our facilities on the procurement agenda.
• Post graduate qualification, preferably in business, supply chain, procurement or an equivalent field
• Minimum 5 years Procurement experience in a Multinational company
• Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, Vlookup but not limited to)
• Demonstrated ability to achieve cost savings
• Proven track records of change management
• Procurement exposure in the healthcare or medical devices & pharmaceuticals industries and Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) qualification will be a definite advantage.
In addition, the successful candidate will be a bright autonomous mind, social media savvy, with a philosophy of collaboration and teamwork; a self-starter, results-oriented personality; possessing tolerance for complex, ambiguous, and ever-shifting environments, including a matrix management structure, and with ability to lead projects and people to deliver results.