Reporting to the
General Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for formulating and
driving a consistent approach towards all sourcing, procurement, and export of
Flowers. The ideal candidate Must
have experience working in the Agri Sector or Floriculture trading
have a professional qualification in CIPS/CPSP.
- Evaluation of potential suppliers.
- Liaising with suppliers and
responsible for managing a designated group of products and suppliers.
- Managing supplier relationships.
- Developing procurement strategies.
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Analyse market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability.
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, materials and services.
- Overall responsibility for the Unit’s budgets and forecasts.
- Preparing reports, market analysis, tender results and strategic recommendations to senior management.
- Provide guidance and support to staff on procurement through the implementation of business plans aligned to business outcomes.
- Execute all approved purchases and monitor delivery and adherence to terms and conditions.
- Must have
a bachelor’s degree in Procurement/Supply chain Management.
- Must be a Member
to a relevant professional body- CIPS/KISM.
- Must have
recognized professional qualification – CIPS/CPSP.
- Must have over 8 experience in Procurement field.
- Must have prior working experience in Agri/Floriculture Sector
- Proven ability to coordinate with
other departments within a Company.
- Good knowledge of the supplier and
- Aptitude in decision-making and
working with numbers.
Monthly gross salary: Ksh.200,000 – 300,000/= (Approx. 2,000 – 3,000) depending on skills and experience.
Deadline: 20th August 2020.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***