Job Location: Nairobi – Office Based
Main purpose of the job
This role is critical in implementing the department’s internal goals to improve the cost and efficiency of the company’s procurement operations.
This function will be required to deliver on valuating suppliers, products, and services, negotiating contracts, and ensuring that approved purchases are cost-efficient and of high quality.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Collaborate with other internal stakeholders in raising procurement requisitions, quotation analysis, preparing the tender and procurement documents.
• Identify new opportunities, seek ways to improve efficiencies and ensure purchasing compliance.
• Raise requisitions for supplies in accordance with the company procedures while observing the reorder levels and requirements.
• Consolidate requisitions from the various departments and escalate the same for action.
• Liaising with Finance, Administration and Procurement departments to ensure integrated internal controls, timely payment of vendors and full, auditable support documentation.
• Communicate and report on procurement progress against work plans and consumption levels.
• Preparation and maintenance of pricing records and supplier contracts
• Liaise with the Procurement Officer and Stores on stock taking, inventory and reconciliation.
• Efficient record management – scanning and distributing various procurement documents
• Filing of various documents including quotations, minutes and contracts
• Expediting delivery of goods and updating ETA changes efficiently
• Manage internal requisitions to ensure effective delivery and communication
Key Qualification and competencies
• Bachelor's Degree in Purchasing and Supplies or an equivalent
• A minimum of B- in KCSE
• A minimum of second class upper in undergraduate
• A minimum of 4 years’ experience in the field. Experience in Telecommunication industry is an added advantage
• Good analytical & negotiation skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure
• Ability to lead and to contribute individually to the larger team