This position is responsible for strategic business development, revenue generation, efficiency improvement, profitability and overall business process management and leadership.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 2 years
Job Title: Relationship Manager, SME Commercial Banking
Reports to Head, SME Banking
Direct Reports: N/A
Manage client relationships to achieve the set sales targets and wallet share and ensure sustained business growth and profitability in the assigned customer segment. To sell, cross/upsell and deliver excellent sales and service of the bank’s products and services whilst building long-term profitable customer relationships.
This position is responsible for strategic business development, revenue generation, efficiency improvement, profitability, and overall business process management and leadership.
SALES AND MARKETING MANAGEMENT
- Put in place annually, an approved target market document with complete information on customer segmentation, target names, products, services, revenues and profitability.
- Deliver set targets for deposits, risk assets, transactions and revenue and the effective management of clients.
- Target assigned customer segments within allocated time and call frequency to generate profitable sales.
- Ensure proper booking of all transactions of customers including deposits, loans, revenues and costs.
- Continually seek new opportunities to market services and bring in new customers by thoroughly understanding the marketing and economic environment.
- Maximum NPL of 3% of portfolio.
- Track and maintain allocated performance records including sales tracker, deposits, risk assets, provisions, incomes, costs and all relevant performance indicators on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT & CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Deliver agreed customer and product sales, wallet share and profitability targets.
- Create and monitor customer sales program.
- Achieve minimum of 5 products per customer.
- Responsible for keeping self and supervisors up to date on competitor data and feedback provided for product and service changes or development.
- Achieve minimum customer satisfaction rating of ‘very satisfied’.
- Deliver appropriate product solutions and services to customers in order to deliver at least 75% of customer’s wallet.
- Develop strong internal relationships to support the successful servicing of customers and the delivery of sales targets
- Build a strong local profile for self and bank through positive involvement in community activities.
- Own customer complaints and resolution process in portfolio and collect all past due obligations.
- Advice/update customers on all tariffs, policies, procedures and any other changes to products or accounts.
- Ensure proper authorization and contact customers with regard to confirmation limits and any other account management issues.
RISK & COMPLIANCE
- Ensure all credit transactions and credit files in portfolio comply with the spirit and the letter of all applicable laws, regulations and institutional policies.
- Ensure compliance with operations risk e.g. KYC and anti-money laundering measures plus any other Group controls.
- Ensure all credit lines are current and all credit transactions are duly approved per policy within acceptable TAT.
- Constantly monitor credit portfolio to ensure maximum of 3% NPL.
- All files with PDO/Arrears position of over 30 days will be submitted to Remedial Unit with
- forwarding memo and copy signed by Remedial and kept in the branch
- Operate within the set expense budget on a customer by customer basis.
ADMINISTRATION & TEAMWORK
- Follow up on all pending transactions and ensure completion.
- Maintain customer profiles and files
- Submit the following in a timely manner; daily planner, call memos, sales plans, forecasts, expense refunds etc.
- Provide feedback on performance of service providers.
- Provide feedback to various sectors on the performance of staff e.g. IT, Operations etc.
- Provide cover for other account managers or sales Managers when necessary
- Provide honest feedback on performance of colleagues
- Share knowledge and best practice with team members
JOB SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Education Bachelor’s Degree in Sales and Marketing or Commerce
- Minimum 2 Years of Experience at the Account Relationship Officer level
- Sales Experience in the Financial Environment
- Credit Appraisal Skills
- Account Management Skills
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal Skills
- Analytical and attentive to details
- Relating & Networking
- Dynamic and Self Driven
- Planning & Organizing
- Problem Solving Skills
- Business Acumen
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.