To achieve commercial objectives in the Coastal Region of Kenya from different channels, building effective business relationships, enhancing brand visibility, and promoting the company’s products and services.
To achieve targets, carry marketing campaigns and promotions, and increase the market share of the company ensuring productivity is in line with set measures and the company’s adopted policies and procedures
• Achieves and exceeds the set sales targets in the coastal region of Kenya; constantly reviews financial data to evaluate performance; identifies shortages, determines root causes, recommends changes to Manager, and implements corrective measures accordingly.
• Identifies new opportunities to maximize sales adopting different channels such as existing/new travel agencies, corporates, and online portals in the assigned area.
• Carries field visits to identify key contacts and decision-makers in travel agencies; makes appointments and conducts meetings to educate and influence them to promote the companies products and services.
• Develops/maintains effective business relationships with travel agencies, tour operators, government departments, ministries, tourism companies, as well as individual agents and trade companies, to increase distribution, enhance business and grow sales.
• Builds/maintains rapport with stakeholders and key customers in the respective area with an accurate database.
• Conducts field visits, bench-mark analysis to keep abreast with competitors’ position, market conditions, and customer needs affecting market trends.
• Prepares timely sales performance reports for the respective Manager to agree on necessary action and ensure required load factors.
• Recognizes the unique needs of the assigned territory versus the companies products and services; evaluates flights, fares, and tours rates with Management Team, identifies new opportunities, and recommends the same to the respective Manager with a proper business case.
• Provides support and necessary guidance/training to agencies on new products, systems, and preferred sales techniques needed to promote the company's products in the respective area.
• Collaborates with management to coordinate marketing campaigns and activities such as roadshows, trade presentations, and FAM trips to ensure increased branding visibility.
• Liaises with Management to increase ancillary revenue through directed sales activities.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
• Qualification in Aviation/IATA/Tourism.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Proficient in English and Kiswahili.
• 5-7 years of related sales experience, preferably in the Aviation/Airline or tourism industry.
• Possesses effective persuasive sales and marketing skills and techniques.
• Proven skills in analyzing data, identifying pitfalls, and recommending effective solutions.
• Cost-oriented, possesses effective persuasive, negotiation, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
• Employs a balance of technical expertise, and interpersonal relations to execute new initiatives that support the company’s objectives.
• Capable of understanding market needs, trends, and planning accordingly.
• Capable of developing reports, comparison sheets, and charts as well as utilizing statistics to identify trends and support the revenue team with recommendations.
• Capable of developing and conducting PowerPoint presentations to clients.
• Demonstrates the ability to contribute and successfully deliver against business strategy and set KPIs.