Victory Farms aims to be the most sustainable fish farm on the planet whilst it scales to feed 2 billion Africans in the coming 2 decades. Currently, VF is sub-Saharan Africa’s fastest growing fish farm, and the largest Fish Farm in East Africa. We have operations on the Kenyan side of Lake Victoria, with distribution capacity throughout Kenya, and plans to expand across Africa. The Company has the highest standards for performance, execution, culture, and integrity, with best in class talent from across the globe.
Sales Operations Manager – Commercial Team, Nairobi, Kenya
(With expectation to transition to Commercial Co-Lead for Country 2)
Victory Farms wants to bring on an ambitious self-starter to play a leading role in our Commercial organization. In your first year in Nairobi, you will be working cross-functionally between Sales, Logistics, Warehousing, and Admin functions to drive initiatives and comprehensively learn the business. At the end of this time, we expect you to then transition to the founding team for our first international expansion, most likely into Rwanda. Here you will operate as Commercial co-lead, where you will help launch and scale what is expected to become one of the largest fish farms in Africa. You will report directly to our Commercial Director and will also work closely with our Director of Expansion.
Your three (3) primary responsibilities will consist of:
• [Core responsibility #1] to coordinate and align the Commercial Team’s sales, Logistics, Warehousing, and admin functions.
• [Core responsibility #2] to develop and improve operational systems, processes, and policies.
• [Core responsibility #3] to leverage data and technology to deliver operational excellence.
This position requires a high degree of technology literacy and data analytics capability, as well as the ability to lead and manage across teams of diverse backgrounds and expertise. You will also be called upon to identify and drive top initiatives within the business, particularly as pertains to the launch of Country 2.
[Core responsibility #1]
● Managing the internal operations of the business and improve cross-departmental effectiveness.
● Design and manage cross-functional projects to accelerate revenue growth and reduce costs within the business.
● Support in office administration and other office and inter-office logistical matters, maintaining a very high degree of organization.
[Core responsibility #2]
● Develop schedules, maintain accurate records across multiple activities, and handle complexity with ease and solid control.
● Support better management reporting, information flow, business processes, and organizational planning.
● Organizing programs/projects and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the business.
[Core responsibility #3]
● Set up, manage, and train teams to run systems for tracking inventory, sales, and logistics, accurately, in real-time, leveraging modern tools.
● Use data-driven decision-making and sound business judgment to optimize business performance.
● Solve complex multi-variant problems and relay actionable solutions supported by data.
• Bachelors or Masters degree in business, engineering, or another technical field.
● 5+ years of experience in operations, sales operations, or engineering.
● Experience working throughout an organization, across administration, corporate affairs, human resources, IT, and management of various support departments.
● Strong data analytics background, and an ability to produce and analyze reports for the purposes of forecasting.
● Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint, indication of a high degree of proficiency in other software solutions will be a plus.
● Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills.
● Flexibility to travel and work long hours.
● Ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
● Excels in a startup environment by staying organized, not being afraid to take initiative and willing to jump in and help wherever needed.
● Location: Nairobi based for year 1, followed by a transition to Country 2 (likely Rwanda) after this period
● Status: Full time
● Start date: Immediate
● Salary: Competitive, based on experience