NATIONAL POLICE SERVICE COMMISSION VACANCIES ANNOUNCEMENT JANUARY 2017
5. DEPUTY DIRECTOR HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT (1 POSITION)
1. Develop and monitor the implementation of the human capital management strategy that is derived from the institution strategy, to ensure alignment of the department activities with the institution objectives.
2. Develop department policies and procedures to provide guidance in the delivery of the human capital strategy in line with best practice, the commission overall strategy, and the employment laws and regulations of Kenya.
3. Monitor compliance with the commission human capital policies and procedures, and the employment laws and regulations of Kenya, to ensure the commission is protected from litigation and risks associated with non – compliance.
4. Develop and monitor the effective utilization of the directorate budget to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in the use of allocated resources necessary for the implementation of the human capital strategy.
5. Oversee the management of Administration services-registry services and related commission functions.
• 6. Oversee recruitment, appointments, promotions, remuneration, staff training and development of staff in this function to ensure the right talent is correctly placed.
7. Assist the Director, Human Capital Management in the management of the
HR functions in the institution.
8. Oversee the preparation of the agenda and minutes of HR committees and HR agenda for the Commission Board meetings.
1. Develop the division work plan from the human capital strategy to ensure the activities of the division are aligned with the human capital strategy for the division, and with the overall human capital strategy that supports the achievement of the commission objectives.
2. Train, develop, and monitor the performance of staff through the performance contracting and PAS to ensure the achievement of the division and overall commission objectives.
3. Participate in the discipline management through the provision of advice on resolution of cases on discipline, to ensure compliance with the employment laws, the commission policies and procedures, and with applicable agreements that results in improved relations between the commission and employees together with their union, and in reduced litigations to ensure efficient and effective Human Capital management.
4. Monitor the implementation of processes and procedures in human resource management to ensure full compliance and maintenance of high quality standards in the delivery of service.
5. Ensure the performance of staff in the department is monitored, and that the staff are trained and developed, to enhance performance and achievement of the department and commission strategies.
6. Ensure proper preparation of design and maintenance of HR Information systems.
7. Develop of HR planning process including budgeting, procurement of manpower documentation and placement, innovative remuneration reward systems that are appropriate.
8. Ensure proper implementation of retirement and pensions schemes to assist in making exits manageable.
1. Budget for personal Emoluments.
2. Approve HR related expenditures in the IFMIS system.
Qualifications Knowledge and Skills
1. Masters degree in HR related field, Strategic Management, Business
2. Diploma in HR or Degree in any social subjects from a recognized university.
3. CPS (k) or its equivalent.
4. A member of a relevant HRM professional body.
5. Computer literacy.
6. Knowledge of relevant legislations (the constitution, labor related laws).
7. Knowledge of professional standards.
8. Management skills.
9. Leadership skills.
10. Coordinating skills.
11. Communication skills.
12. Interpersonal skills.
13. Negotiation skills.
14. Counseling skills.
15. Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the constitution of Kenya.
16. Twelve (12) years of service of which three (3) should be in a comparable position from a reputable organization.
ADDITIONAL CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
If you believe your qualifications and career objectives match these exciting roles, please submit your application letter and detailed curriculum vitae stating your current position, current remuneration level, email and telephone contacts quoting reference number of the position applied for. The NPSC will be seeking evidence of a candidate’s suitability to serve in the positions advertised.
1. Applicants should attach a copy of National Identity Card or Passport, testimonials, or any other evidence of proven relevant expertise herein being sought;
2. In addition to the qualifications set out in the Constitution and the Enabling Statutes, applicants must further furnish clearance certificates from:
a) Director, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
b) Commissioner General, Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
c) Chief Executive Officer, Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
d) Professional bodies (where applicable) to which the applicant belongs such as LSK, ICPS (K), ICPAK, AAK, IEK, etc.;
e) Certificate of Good Conduct.
NB: These criteria are applicable only to the Senior Positions NPSC 5 to NPSC 8.
Women, minorities, marginalized and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.
No person shall be qualified for appointment in any of the above posts if the person:
a) Has previously been convicted of any criminal offence;
b) Has violated the Constitution;
c) Is an undischarged bankrupt;
d) Has been adversely mentioned in any report by a Commission of Inquiry or any Parliamentary Committee;
e) Canvasses directly, indirectly, by proxy, by emissary, by ethnic or clan whipping, by pressure groups, by other associations or in any other way;
f) Knowingly, willingly and blatantly lies, misrepresents, cheats and fails to disclose material facts.
In addition, the National Intelligence Service (NIS) may be requested by the
Commission to provide a report on all shortlisted applicants.
a) Applications and Certified Copies of the supporting documentation should be delivered to the National Police Service Commission, SkyPark Plaza (Near Jacaranda Hotel) 5th Floor Westlands, Nairobi, OR posted to:
National Police Service Commission
SkyPark Plaza 5th Floor
P.O. Box 47363-00100
Applications should be received at the Commission on or before 23rd January,2017