DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Production of monthly management accounts and other financial reports.
- Tracking payments to internal and external stakeholders.
- Processing tax payments and returns.
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings.
- Perform bank and GL reconciliations
- Maintain various schedules such as fixed assets, prepayments, etc.
- Statutory reporting
- Work with external auditor to facilitate the audit process
- Preparation of monthly performance reports
- Consolidation and reporting to senior management
- Consolidation of overall annual budget of the institution with input from various departments
- Preparation of 5 years financial plan / forecast together with preparation of budget forecasts
- Preparation and review of monthly and quarterly reports to the Board, funders, regulators, etc.
- Follow up on budget implementation and limits as it relates to each department. Investigate variances between budget and actual.
- Develop and manage liquidity management tools.
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements.
- Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity
- Audit financial transactions and documents
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary.
- Comply with financial policies and regulations.
- Prepare asset, liability and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement and other reports.
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results.
- Frequent interaction with branch administrators and managers, senior management, the Board Finance Committee, funders and investors (as appropriate).
- Trained and qualified in accountancy profession CPA (K), or CIFA (preferably a member of the Institute- ICPAK).
- A bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance with a preference for second-class upper division.
- MUST have a minimum of 3 - 4 years’ recent experience as an accountant preferably in a microfinance/banking sector.
- Sound Financial Accounting & Reporting knowledge.
- Proficiency in relevant accounting software.
- Excellent analytical skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Should also be dynamic and a team player
- Must be candidate of unquestionable integrity.
- Fluency in English is required
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and focus on priorities.
- Solid leadership and strategic thinking, experience and networking.
- Forward looking.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with different institutions and variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Planning, organizing, Scheduling and monitoring skills.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
N/B: Applicants must mention their current and expected pay.