No canvassing, phone calls, walk-ins or direct emails. All applications should be submitted through BrighterMonday.
Key Responsibilities and performance areas:
1. Financial Planning and Monitoring 40%
• Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
• Performs assigned monthly, quarterly, and annual account reconciliations and reviews to ensure accurate and timely reporting of financial data
• Analyzes historical financial data and makes projections and forecasts based on sound assumption.
• Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
• Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
• Maintains and reviews fixed assets ledger each month to ensure stock are properly recorded in accordance with established capitalization policies.
• Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, Trial balance, Budgets and other statements.
• Performing bank reconciliation
• Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
• Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
• Manage accounting assistants and bookkeepers
• Assist with tax audits and tax returns
• Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
• Support month-end and year-end close process
• perform account reconciliations
• Manage and oversee the entire accounting team
• Conduct all necessary trainings to keep the team’s skills and knowledge up to date
• Review corporate and personal income tax returns to ensure accuracy
• Monitor and mentor/train junior staff, clerks, and bookkeepers
• Work collaboratively with other teams to achieve shared goals
• Perform month-end accounting activities such as reconciliations and journal entries.
• Coordinate with finance team to complete assigned accounting tasks within deadlines.
• Generate financial reports and statements to Managers for review.
• Provide guidance to other Accountants when needed.
• Assist in budget preparation and expense management activities for assigned accounts.
• Assist in auditing activities by providing necessary information and preparing requested documentations.
• Preparing and recoding assets, liability, revenue and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information;
• Maintaining and balancing subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies;
• Maintaining general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing trial balance; reconciling entries;
• Summarizing financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet; profit and loss and other statements;
• Performing bank reconciliation and ensuring correct banking is done;
• Analyzing financial information and financial status;
• Maintaining the payroll;
• Safe keeping of company records and assets;
• Filing of company tax returns i.e. PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, VAT and INCOME TAX and ensuring statutory payments are done on time;
• Monitoring customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments, generate age analysis other irregularities,
• Performing month-end accounting activities such as reconciliations and journal entries;
• Coordinating with the finance team to complete assigned accounting tasks;
• Generating financial reports and statements to managers for review;
2. Inventory Management 40%
• Developing inventory analysis reports and analyzing variances;
• Preparing the month end stock valuations, validating the Cost of sales and margin analysis;
• Reconciling inventory accounts to the general ledger;
• Verifying accurate costs for inventories;
• Monitoring inventory transactions;
• Assisting in the improvement of internal controls related to inventory;
• Reviewing monthly stock gains/losses and ensuring they are within the territory
• Maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures;
3.People Leadership and Management 20%
• Providing leadership and guidance to a team of accountants, cashiers; monitoring their performance and general quality of work;
• Managing accounting assistants and bookkeepers;
• Managing and overseeing the entire accounting team;
• Monitoring and mentoring junior staff, clerks and book keepers;
• Working collaboratively with other teams to achieve shared goals;
• Providing guidance to other accountants when needed;
• Ensuring practical learning experiences for trainees the organization by providing accounting support and guidance;
• Ensuring rules and regulations are adhered to by all users;
• Give a weekly report on sales analysis showing margins per location;
• Motivating and coach the team to operational success;
• Monitoring the completion of tasks and ensure good performance and record on appropriate systems;
• Consistently promote high standards through personal example and ensuring each member of the team understands the standards and behavior expected of them;
• Working positively with support functions to fully define the processes/procedures/controls relevant to team activities;
• Providing support and input to continuous improvement activities within the team;
• Give daily report on daily bank reconciliation showing unreconciled amounts;
• Give monthly report on the monthly income statement and balance sheet
• Assisting with employee expense reports;
4. Expected reports
• Daily bank reconciliations
• Weekly sales analysis showing margins per location
• Monthly income statement and balance sheet by the 5th of every month.
• Monthly Supplier and Customer ageing
• External audit reports both interim and final audits
Key Result Areas
• Customer satisfaction
• Accounting efficiency
• Profitability of the business in line with budgetary provisions.
• Implementation of the business plan and attainment of the business targets.
Minimum Education Requirements
• Bachelors Degree, Finance Option
• Must possess a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
• Strong knowledge of MS Office
Minimum Required Experience
• Experience with bank reconciliation and tracking credit card transaction
• Excellent communication and administrative skills
• Planning and organizing
• Workflow financial management skills
• Ability to work in a competitive and challenging environment
• Self driven/Goal focused/Target driven
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to meet all assigned deadline
• Data entry and word processing skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Team work
• Problem solving skills