We seek an experienced professional to manage all financial transactions and accounting needs for Agba Motors and provide financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data and preparing reports. Accountant responsibilities include auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements and calculating tax payments and returns. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience with bookkeeping and a flair for spotting numerical mistakes.
Ultimately, you will provide us with accurate quantitative information on the financial position, liquidity and cash flows of our business, while ensuring we are compliant with all tax regulations.
Working in a creative and fast-paced environment, the Accountant will report to the Managing Director. You will support the accounting and financial needs for Agba which will include chargebacks and coordination between related organizations. Among others, your responsibilities will include the following:
• Comply with financial policies and regulations and support KRA related issues
• Manage all accounting transactions
• Publish financial statements in time and handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings i.e: PAYE, VAT, NSSF, NHIF, Rental Incomes and Quarterly Installments
• Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
• Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
• Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
• Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
• Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
• Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
• Supervise junior accounting staff
• Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
• Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
• Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
• Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
• Prepares payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements.
• Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
• Complies with legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
• Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
• Follow up on the vehicles being charged for storage and those scheduled for auction
• Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending and/or reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Other duties, as assigned
The successful candidate will excel at operating in a diverse and fluid environment, and will be crucial for the management of Agba Motors.
• You are a problem solver with great attention to detail, can work with little supervision, multi-task, and learn quickly.
• You are skilled in accounting, corporate finance, reporting skills, deadline-oriented, reporting research results, confidentiality, time management, data entry management, good math skills
• You are passionate about our mission to help people worry less about their cars
• You have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in high-pressure situations
• You have 5 to 7 years of experience performing duties similar to those listed above
• You have a minimum of 5 years in accounting.
• You possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a related field (preferably in Accounting, Finance, and/or Business)
• You have excellent leadership, facilitation, critical thinking, analytical, and data gathering skills
• You have outstanding organizational, process and controls management skills
• You are proficient to expert in QuickBooks as well as Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
• You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with a direct, tactful style and good listening skills.
• You are comfortable working under deadlines and producing key deliverables; high attention to detail
The following skills are required:
• CPA and/or other accounting and finance related certification(s).
• Preparing and delivering information in a concise, professionally written format
• Preparing and presenting information to staff in an informal and formal setting
• Working in teams, task forces, etc.
• Coordinating work among teams, groups, etc.
• Maintaining positive customer rapport
• Organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to lift 15 – 25 pounds
• Good computer and presentation skills
The following skills are desired:
• You have managed accounting clerical staff
• You have superior experience with QuickBooks
• Analyzing and developing solutions to problems
Agba Motors Ltd. has been serving the automotive industry since 2000. We bring our experience, service, and inventory to customers across the East African region. Agba Motors Ltd.’s workshops handle all electrical, electronic and mechanical repairs and service to Porsche BMW, Mercedes Benz, Audi, VW and Toyota executive Passenger Cars. Agba Car Sales Limited is a car dealership established in the year 2011 being part of the expansion plan of Agba Motors Limited. We handle all types of motor vehicles sales among them new, second hand from overseas and locally well-used vehicles.
Agba is now more than ever ready to serve our customers and solve their problems with renewed energy and vigor. Their problems and demands are our challenges to overcome and a platform for us to exceed their expectations.