• Review, verify, check supporting documents, set up invoices for payment and prepare creditor’s reconciliation report.
• Ensure all statutory returns especially NHIF, NSSF, WITHOLDING TAX, PAYE, ADVANCE TAX is done on time and the in the correct procedure.
• Have primary and full responsibility of stocks including stock audits and daily reconciliation of stock.
• Receive stock reports from the Production and warehousing teams. Analyze, query, and ensure that the stock data posted to the system is accurate and credible. Have a primary responsibility on stocks data integrity.
• Maintain an asset’s register and have it always updated.
• Data integrity of raw materials
• Compliance Accounting: Maintain minimum, monthly, and ongoing reconciliation with statutory bodies to ensure company accounts reconcile with all statutory bodies, particularly KRA knowing which taxes are due and filling in time to avoid penalties.
• Document control and archiving: Responsible for the correct handling and archiving of documents ensuring that confidentiality, safety and easy retrievability is maintained.
• Maintain records in a manner to enhance audit preparedness. Facilitate both internal and external audits.
• Bcom Accounting option or Bachelor of Accounting and finance
• Good standing with ICPAK
• Excellent IT skills
• At least 5years experience in a busy accounting environment.
• Personal and professional integrity
• Listening skills
• Analytical thinker
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to create a strong control environment in the accounting function.
• Leadership ability