Kenya Forestry Research Institute (KEFRI) is a State Corporation established in 1986 with obligation to undertake forest research, generate and promote improved technologies for sustainable management, conservation and development of forest and allied natural resources.
JOB DESCRIPTIONS AND PERSON SPECIFICATIONS FOR VACANT POSTS
20. ACCOUNTANT: KEFRI 7
a) Duties and Responsibilities
• Collecting revenue and banking;
• Preparing expenditure reports based on approved budgets;
• Compiling and verifying records; processing accounting and transaction reports via computerised accounting systems;
• Preparing trial balance;
• Participating in preparation of final accounts;
• Maintaining and updating fixed asset register and safe keeping of invoices, receipts and accounts records;
• Posting cashbooks and undertaking bank reconciliations;
• Accounting for project funds;
• Any other duty as assigned from time to time.
b) Requirements for Appointment
i) Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) minimum grade C+ (C plus) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
ii) Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Business Management (Finance or Accounting option) or other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
iii) Part II of the Certified Public Accountant of Kenya or its equivalent from a recognized institution is added advantage;
iv) Membership to a relevant professional body is added advantage; and
v) Proficiency in computer applications.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.