Accounting, Auditing & Finance
Review documents and transactions in the organization to ascertain compliance, accuracy, relevance, and reasonableness of the transactions
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:3 years
• Review documents and transactions in the organization to ascertain compliance, accuracy, relevance, and reasonableness of the transactions.
• Prepare and submit financial reports including weekly, monthly operating reports, financial statements, audit reports, inventory, and capital purchases.
• Ensure the transparency and efficiency of the organizations financial operations and to safeguard compliance with reporting guidelines.
• Assist in rent collection by sending arrears reminders and statements to tenants with missed payments.
• Perform tenant invoicing and billing using available company software.
• Prepare security deposit refund invoices in liaison with the Property Manager’s move-out report.
• Prepare tenant account analysis and reconciliations
• Prepare Financial reports for the business and other stakeholders i.e. HHL tenants and Service Providers.
• Handle all activities related to Accounting and ensure they are stored in an Accounting System.
• Processing requisitions, receipts and other vital accounting activities.
• Banking reconciliations and related activities.
• Ensure VAT, PAYE, NHIF, NSSF and other tax returns are submitted on time.
• Analyze and monitor all receivable balances and proactively work to achieve weekly reduction in outstanding rent balances as per the agreed payment schedule.
• Prepare arrears cash collection targets for inclusion in weekly cash flow forecast.
• Coordinate weekly collections
• Prepare arrears reports on a regular basis and keep a record of actions taken complemented with constant follow up with the tenants.
• Update the system with collections received.
• Manage the legal process for the recovery of debt, actively chases arrears accounts and takes the lead in reviewing the overdue tenant accounts.
• Update procedures and policies that ensure timely payments while maintaining a high level of tenant retention.
• Comply with Data Protection laws in respect of all tenants’ data.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA- K) or its equivalent whether fully/part qualified.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role or equivalent in a financial institution.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related fields from a recognized institution.
• The jobholder will have a demonstratable track record and prior experience working within a busy and effective collections, accounting or debt recovery function in a bank or real estate firm.
• Practical collections and debt recovery experience.
• Good working knowledge of Quick Books, General Ledger, Credit Monitoring and accounts receivable systems
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured