As the accounts assistant, you will be responsible for ensuring the accounting and financial operations of the organization and safeguarding compliance with the accounting guidelines.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
Key responsibilities include
• Assist to prepare and submit financial reports including daily, weekly, monthly operating reports, financial statements
• Preparation of annual budgets and ability to use the budget as a monitoring tool.
• Prepare and monitor financial performance against forecasts and prepared budgets.
• Ensure statutory payments are completed and submitted on time
• administering VAT and processing returns.
• Update financial records by reviewing and posting various general ledger journal entries with the recent transactions and changes.
• Review documents and transactions in the organization to ascertain compliance, accuracy, relevance and reasonableness of the transaction.
• Ensure all financial transactions are properly and timely updated and recorded.
• Ensure monthly reconciliation of bank accounts, cash, sales and all inventories and stock.
• General management of the office for instance ensuring that utility bills are serviced on time, ensure timely supply and adequacy of office supplies e.g., stationery, ink, paper; proper maintenance and safety of organizational assets.
• Proper maintenance of office files to ease retrieval of information.
• Other task that may be assigned by Director of Operations.
Education & Experience
• A Degree in B. Com; Accounting or Finance option
• CPA (K), ACCA or its equivalent
• Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures including IFRS and IASs
• Advanced Excel and strong analytical skills
• At least 5 years’ relevant experience
• Proficiency in computerized accounting systems. Sage, QuickBooks
• Demonstrated experience with preparing budgets and forecasts
• High level of proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Key skills & competencies
• Excellent communication skills
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Planning and coordination skills
• Time management
• Attention to detail
• Problem-solving & negotiation
• Stress tolerance
• Ability to work independently
We offer a competitive renumeration package and an attractive growth path.
Salary – KSh – 45,000 – 50,000 Negotiable
• Please upload CV and cover letter explaining your motivation and why you are well suited for this role.
• Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until position is filled.
• Anticipated start date – December 2022
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured