Reports to: Chief Accountant
To provide accurate and timely management accounting services and professional advice to the Company and its internal and external stakeholders in the areas of budgeting, reporting, project management, cash management, investment and debt management.
This position also provides financial expertise and support to the Chief Accountant and Management
SUMMARY OF ACCOUNTABILITIES
• To support the Chief Accountant in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance / Accounting Department
• Verify, allocate, post and reconcile transactions
• Produce error-free accounting reports, and present their results
• Stock reconciliations
• Support month-end and year-end close process
• Manage petty cash account
• Accounts Payable/receivable management
• Prepare labels, and maintain files as needed within the department
• Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time – quite often on short notice - by the Management. • • Provide advice to budget managers and staff in the development of budgets, budget methodology and management of budgets.
• Provide back up and assistance as required within the finance team. Provide management accounting services and professional advice to the Business.
• Manage the preparation of monthly management reports.
• Investigate anomalies and variances; provide ad hoc reports as required by management.
• Weekly Stock and Bank reconciliations.
• Commitment to a strong and consistent customer focus philosophy and able to relate well to customers.
• Strong communication skills, including facilitation and conflict resolution skills
• Effectively able to communicate financial information to customers with varying levels of financial acumen.
• Ability to work as a member of a team.
• Effectively able to produce, analyze and interpret complex financial spread sheets.
• Ability to think logically, but laterally.
• Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent judgment demonstrated and decision making skills.
• Ability to work in a progressive and challenging environment.
• Advanced financial modelling.
• Degree qualification in Accounting or Finance.
• Fully qualified accountant (CPA-K /ACCA)
• At least 3 years' experience in a management accounting position (or similar).
• A sound knowledge of accounting and financial management.
• Advanced knowledge and experience with Excel, SAP and Power point presentations
• Familiarity and understanding of the financial reporting requirements in the Limited Company.
• Proven experience with computer-based applications and financial management systems i.e. SAP
• Preferred expertise in activity based costing; results based accountability and executive information systems.