Kenya Co-operative Coffee Exporters (KCCE) is looking for a skilled, detailed oriented, problem solver to fill the role of an Accounts Assistant.
Reporting to the company Finance Manager, the role holder will be responsible for invoicing of orders for finished products; issuing debit or credit notes as applicable; preparing, analysing and reporting periodically; stocks/inventory count; and keeping track of outstanding debts and prepare debtors ageing analysis.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
• Receive and process orders and payments from customers.
• Price and cost products to ensure company profit margins are maintained.
• In liaison with Sales team, keep track of outstanding debts to achieve collection targets and ensure positive cash flow and maintain debtors’ book to ensure that debt status is accurate and up to date.
• Submit a monthly sales report in time for decision making; prepare, analyse and report weekly, monthly, quarterly gross margin analysis by brand, by customer type, region, and any other requirement by management.
• Organize bank reconciliations for office accounts and ensure company bank accounts are funded for payments.
• Assist in preparation of account statement and financial reports, audit exercise and any other financial function as assigned by the Financial Accountant.
• Compile stock records and information and keep a proper record of finished goods inventory.
• Ensure that all licenses and vehicle insurances are paid and properly displayed.
• Prepare of end of year accounts and schedules for audit purposes, maintain internal control documentation and test internal controls.
• Handle any complaints from the customers regarding invoice, payment, and account statement.
Skills, Competencies and Experience
The successful candidate will be required to have the following skills and competencies:
• A Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field with a CPA (K).
• At least 3 years of experience in a similar role preferably in a factory environment.
• Experience in accounting and reporting functions, financial management and administration.
• Familiarity with an ERP system and a coffee industry background preferred.
• Excellent report writing and presentation Skills, good negotiation skills, sound judgment and problem-solving skills
We are an equal opportunity employer.