The role holder will efficiently and effectively execute accounting functions (transaction processing, accounts reconciliations, administration of petty cash, asset management/care and reporting).
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
Job Title: Accounts Receivable
Reports to: Senior Accountant
Job Location: Kitale
About the Company
Our client is a non government organization.
Duties and Responsibility
Sales and Receivables process:
• Process electronic invoices as per approved procedures and policies.
• Ensure that all invoices have support documentation.
• Prepare and update weekly batches of invoices for verification.
• Complete account opening forms for debtors after approval.
• Process credit notes for approval by authorized personnel.Ensure all
• Ensure billing is done within a defined time frame.
• Ensure all charges are approved by the department being billed prior to processing the invoice.
• Ensure proper management of invoices and aging of debtors.
• Regularly liaising with clients, where necessary. This includes both internal and external clients.
• Prepare a weekly debtors collection summary every Monday for circulation to the Finance Controller and immediate supervisor.
• Maintenance of accurate accounting information.
• Ensure that all receipts into the system are matched against specific invoices before running the aged analysis.
• Maintaining the billing system.
• Generating invoices and account statements.
• Performing account reconciliations.
• Maintaining accounts receivable files and records.
• Producing monthly financial and management reports.
• Investigating and resolving any irregularities or enquiries.
• Assisting in general financial management and analysis; and
• Cash Sales- Ensure it has a NIL balance before running the aged analysis monthly.
• Expense and Payables process:
• Receive and process invoices for payment as per approved procedures and policies.
• Processing LPOs as per approved procedures in the Company operations.
• Establish and manage vendor information and standard payment terms within the system and scheduling invoices for payment within a given framework.
• Officially communicating with suppliers and internal clients to obtain information and clarify/resolve issues.
• Ensure validation of invoices for accuracy, and assign correct vendor code.
• Enter invoice information into system Accounts Payable system to generate payment vouchers.
• Obtain the necessary approval for service invoices and validating against contract requirements.
• Verify and obtain authorization for any discrepancies in prices resulting in a 10% difference on LPO.
• Validate and/or calculate applicable taxes (VAT, WHT) and ensure proper accounting treatment.
• Ensure account allocation for costs within the General Ledger and/or other sub-systems.
• Ensure timely payment of all invoices to avoid late payment fees and optimize cash discounts.
• Undertake monthly reconciliation of the GRN accrual.
• Preparation of the Suppliers aged analysis as per approved procedures and policies.
• Assisting in preparation of VAT, WHT and installment tax returns under the supervision of the Senior Accountant.
• Paying employees by verifying expense reports and preparing pay checks.
• Paying vendors by scheduling pay checks and ensuring payment is received for outstanding credit.
• generally responding to all vendor enquiries regarding finance.
• Preparing analyses of accounts and producing monthly reports; and
• Ensure payment of land rates and land rent and follow up of this annually in liaison with the Company overhead department.
• General transaction processing and record keeping.
• Assist/participate in inventory management process including attendance in stock counts and stock count reconciliations.
• Assist/participate in asset care management process including attendance in physical verification of assets, asset register maintenance and general asset care functions.
• Assist/participate in cash management process including handling of petty cash, performance of bank reconciliations and general cash management duties as directed by the Senior Accountant and/or the
• Chief Financial Officer/Financial Controller.
• Allocate work to and supervise the duties performed by the account assistants under the direction of the Senior Accountant and/or the chief Financial Officer/Financial Controller.
• Performing any other duties as may be signed from time to time.
The job holder must possess:
• Be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA–K) or a Chartered accountant from a recognized accountancy body (e.g. ACCA).
• A bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Commerce, Accounts or business related field will be an added advantage.
• 3 years’ experience, with atleast 1.5years experience using SAP Software.
• Knowledge of computerized accounting software required;
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
• Good personal organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Highly effective multi-tasking skills, with ability to prioritize tasks.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.